Suitable jack for a 93 hymer b544 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
B

Blueonyou

Free Member
May 19, 2014
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
minimum 6 tonne bottle jack with a big base area....8 tonne is better.

Just about giving them away on eBay.

Thoughts on this? Looks a bit more substantial that than £20 ones, plus I'm a firm believer in avoiding false economy etc!

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sealey are pretty good quality for the money. certainly way better than the unbranded chinese rubbish for £20 on ebay

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I bought a Clarke 5 ton bottle jack for my RV.. GVW 8.5 ton, from Machine mart.. around £20 .. .. I used it several times with no problems.. remember it's only one corner you are lifting ..
Broken Link Removed

If it were for a workshop and was in daily use, I'd get a more expensive brand.. but nought wrong with the 'cheap' one from MM. for occasional use.

Word of caution.. measure the clearance between the axle/jacking point and ground with a flat tyre and check that jack can fit under.. you may find a bottle jack too tall.
Also, you will need a stout piece of timber to sit it on.. they are designed to be used on solid, flat and level garage floors.. Sods law says that when you need it, you will not be in that situation. So allow for that when sizing up.

A small trolley jack would be easier to use, no need to crawl under to locate, less likely to tip over or sink in on uneven ground, so safer.. and will fit under most axles... albeit it's more bulky and heavier to carry..
Sometimes see them for sale in Lidl / Aldi

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back