Suitable headlamp deflectors. (1 Viewer)

geekgobbler

Free Member
Aug 27, 2010
Sandbach, Cheshire.
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
12 months.
Hello all
We are to visit France (Normandy) soon and I'm wondering where to buy suitable headlamp deflectors for my Aviano. It has the circular Hella headlights. If anyone can advise me then I would be very grateful.
Cheers
:Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You are unlikley to find any beam benders that will fit your headlamps, ie "made to measure so to speak"

Just get a set from Halfords and play around with them until you can position them so that the beam deflects to the right.

Some people put a piece of masking tape over the headlamps to do this. A lot of people just stick the deflectors on and if there ever checked its a case of youve tried which is good enough.

If you intend to drive in the dark (at night) then you need to take care, for your own benefit that the beams are accuratley deflected.

Wait until its dark and turn you head lamps on so that they shine on to a a wall or a large piece of cardboard held up in front of the beam, then you will be able to see which way the beam is bending and adjust the masking tape accordingley.

Jim

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Plenty on Fleabay but as Jim has said, they are mainly for elliptical or other headlights.

The masking tape method to assertain the beam pattern sounds good here.

You used to be able to get proper beam "masks" to cut to fit the lenses.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hello all
We are to visit France (Normandy) soon and I'm wondering where to buy suitable headlamp deflectors for my Aviano. It has the circular Hella headlights. If anyone can advise me then I would be very grateful.
Cheers

Our motorhome is French, so no problem there.....But when we came over with our Citroen Picasso to live over here...we purchased some that had the "AA logo" but we purchased them form a discount motorist shop......the Picasso has now gone through 4 M.O.Ts .(control technique) in France with flying colours and we are still using the UK headlamps and the clear plastic headlamp benders with gold lines in, they are still on and in full use, as 3 days ago it passed yet another control technique......so I would look out for some headlight benders manufactured for the "AA" .... or contact the AA......all instructions was very easy to follow....

At least I can say the AA are tried and TESTED!

Mel:thumb:

Something like these ...and they covered many different models of motor vehicles.......also different packs......for sizes and shapes of headlights

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back