Suitable Aire/Site between Chartres & Rouen

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by MrJinks, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

We are heading back from Spain in a about 10 days. I have been trying to find an Aire or overnight parking suitable for 31ft RV between Chartres & Rouen. Even a campsite would do but cannot find any nearby open.

I will be travelling along N154 and would prefer not to have to go far off this road.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

There is an aire at Brezolies which maybe the only one in that vicinity - they are a bit thin on the ground round there. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago, there was only one other van there and I think an RV would be OK since its not busy at this time of the year.Chartres to Brezolies is easy enough, go slightly NW from Chartres. Getting to Rouen should be OK as well.

The only thing was, the water was switched off - as it was in most Aires as we travelled through France.

3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

that road the N154 between Chartres and Rouen they are but very few the one at Brezolles only takes 10 vans Size wise ??????? not sure, another one at Evreux top side near Rouen again not tested but looking maybe your best bet......a link... and check yourself http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aire.php?numid=8151&Localit%E9=%C9VREUX

Mel

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Thanks for that. Had bad experience at Brezolles on way down....however it was thick snow:cry:

I also found that aire in Evreux and looks ok. Wonder if anyone has first hand experiance.
    Have also found a parking area near there at Thomer La Sogne so might give that a try first