Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
C
You should have followed him until he stopped!.(y)

Nothing like a good punch-up on *FUNTUBE*..:)
controversial tootles, but probably good to watch some Herbert get a slap for being a bad driver, problem being it was probably a women, however a venal bashing still in order

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
4x4s have their place. In towns and cities doing a school run isn't it - at least not when they never go outside the Inner Ring Road.

Agreed.
The only "off road" most of them do is up their drives.

I'm not anti 4x4, just anti some of the pillocks who think they are a normal family town car.
The feeling of security they get from them makes them invincible in their own daft minds.
That's why they take stupid chances.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This has happened to me a number of times, usually on a motorway. Car comes screaming past then cuts across two lanes while braking to leave at an exit. I might point out these are not usually 4x4s as most drivers of same (myself included) tend to drive fairly sedately, partly to save fuel, but also because a relatively high centre of gravity means that they cannot corner like a sports car.

The car in the video appears to be a Nissan X trail, a compact crossover SUV, which has a 1.6L engine. Not really a 'Chelsea tractor'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Agreed.
The only "off road" most of them do is up their drives.

I'm not anti 4x4, just anti some of the pillocks who think they are a normal family town car.
The feeling of security they get from them makes them invincible in their own daft minds.
That's why they take stupid chances.

I find that a large proportion of 4x4 drivers are bullies, they think they are so much better than everyone else as do Audi and BMW drivers IMPO.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have no problem with 4x4 vehicles - I live in the middle of nowhere and they are a lifeline. I don't see why 4x4 vehicles are necessary in large UK cities for day to day driving in the city, kids to school, to the office, to Tesco.

I do have a problem with idiots who drive as the person in the clip did. The type of vehicle is immaterial.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hard to bully a motor home or even a decent size camper though.. I'm happy for someone to tailgate me till they get bored when I'm driving the van.. especially if they are close enough I can't see them any more lol

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hard to bully a motor home or even a decent size camper though.. I'm happy for someone to tailgate me till they get bored when I'm driving the van.. especially if they are close enough I can't see them any more lol
Don't even start me on the tailgaters! My experience is that almost every car driver is totally unaware of the lower national speed limit for heavy vehicles.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
No 4x4' drivers think they're driving a bleeding tank which in some cases they are But it means they take more chances than your average motorist except that is white van man who's a lunatic at the best of times

Not all. I guarantee I was just as sensible And considerate a driver in my old Nissan terrano 4x4 as I am I'm my new Fiat 500L .
I bet it was a man driving.

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Paint ball gun, great idea! But we'd need alternating colours of paint, the most popular colour for cars is red, so shoot twice - red then yellow - pretty! :boxing:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Trouble is when you stop & he doesn't because he is reading a text or texting on his phone. I had one behind me on an empty dual carriageway for ages. Eventually when we stopped Ihad to explain to him what would happen if he ran into me.

The " overtake at last moment & cut across to leave at exit " to gain 100m is a favourite of the Spanish. They think nothing of it. Neither do I now, I don't even slow & will drive right through them if necessary.:devil:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Paint ball gun, great idea! But we'd need alternating colours of paint, the most popular colour for cars is red, so shoot twice - red then yellow - pretty! :boxing:
Oh hang on a minute, that might not work, hmm, ok John luvvie a bit more work to do for you but we all need different colour paint balls so we can tell how many times the bastards have upset us.:LOL:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh hang on a minute, that might not work, hmm, ok John luvvie a bit more work to do for you but we all need different colour paint balls so we can tell how many times the bastards have upset us.:LOL:

OK.. no problem.. and We can set up a Funster page with scores on !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If you were a motorcyclist you would know that the worst driver seem to come the planet OVLOV, sitting in their tank, they will total you without even noticing, mind you the newer ones do not do it much more the old square estate tanks that are dying out now, except in Golders Green.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you were a motorcyclist you would know that the worst driver seem to come the planet OVLOV, sitting in their tank, they will total you without even noticing, mind you the newer ones do not do it much more the old square estate tanks that are dying out now, except in Golders Green.

Nooooo.. that was about 10 years ago ! Since then Micra drivers have overtaken Ovlov owners by quite a long chalk ! Even BMVoo's come out higher nowadays !!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Oi - my turn to say I represent that! But oh has a motorbike too so does make him schizophrenic?:confused:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
What about a thread where we post Dick of the Day as captured on our dashcams?
I had an idiot pull out of a side road to my left, then instantly stop at the SPAR shop in front of me.
Luckily it was a 30mph limit so I was only doing around 40 mph so managed to miss him.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
What about a thread where we post Dick of the Day as captured on our dashcams?
I had an idiot pull out of a side road to my left, then instantly stop at the SPAR shop in front of me.
Luckily it was a 30mph limit so I was only doing around 40 mph so managed to miss him.
Oh dear Larby think you've just put yourself in the Dick of the Day category, "40 mph in a 30". :whistle:

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
That aside, I do like the idea of "Dick of The Day", I have dash cams in car and MH, recording all the time, and I capture some pretty spectacular cocks in action :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Oh well, rowing against the current here I think but when you put up a video purporting to show someone else's bad driving you do inevitably invite comment about your own.
Looking at the video the overtaking vehicle puts on its brake lights while still on the right hand side of the road. This should have alerted you to the fact the driver wanted to turn left but it appears to me instead of slowing down to allow them to do this you carried on at the same speed until forced to brake sharply. The other driver was in the wrong but you could have done more to avoid a dangerous incident.

It is a truism that virtually all accidents are avoidable. One car may be to blame for causing the accident but it is a rare accident where the other driver was put into a position where there was nothing they could do to avoid the accident.

Anyway, back to the finger pointing. The real idiot is the driver who appears in the last second. Overtaking two vehicles they should have seen braking sharply.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
In order to accept that point of view one would have to ignore the fact that the 4x4 driver was well in excess of the speed limit when overtaking. I did actually slow down when the brake lights appeared, but only lifting from the power. I had assumed that the indicator had been left on by accident, and I was trying to build up my distance behind him. I was turning left at the next junction, so I didn't care if he was in front or not.
We also have to ignore the fact that prior to him performing this outrageous bit of driving, he was actually sitting behind me at the speed limit, and what you don't see in the video is him carving up the guy who overtakes me at the end to get in front of him.
So all in all, I am happy to accept criticism, but you have not presented a single salient argument, other than misinformed nonsense.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back