Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am looking to finalise the number and layout of forums before our official opening. Does anyone have any comments on the layout, and order that the forums appear on the page. Also does anyone have any reccomendations for additional forums? Photography is one that has been suggested, any more?

Thanks in antiicipation

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Pets section

Plus maybe a section where we can ask our very own reverand for forgiveness:roflmto::roflmto:

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

I think its really good at the moment and can't honestly think of any really changes myself, but if you want some suggestions perhaps "Top Tips" and "FAQ"

On another point has anyone made contact with the various motorhome manufactures and offered them a free membership so they can be aware of any concerns about their vehicles or there dealerships ? could be helpful in advertising the site if it has direct contact with certain manufacturers ?just a thought ?

Hope this helps

Brian

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
How about a section that relates to "where to get the MH or RV serviced?" And another that is for MOTs of MHs and RVs.
It can be populated by people so that there is a convenient source of information for when we need servicing and MOTs carried out. It may also be possible to attract some advertising from garages that offer this service for a small consideration.

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RogerD

Deleted User
Free Camping

After all that great advice I got on Free/Wild camping could we have a section for that?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After all that great advice I got on Free/Wild camping could we have a section for that?

Good idea RogerD, we have a few wild campers here, maybe we can get them to share some of their favourite spots with the rest of us.

How about a section that relates to "where to get the MH or RV serviced?" And another that is for MOTs of MHs and RVs.
It can be populated by people so that there is a convenient source of information for when we need servicing and MOTs carried out. It may also be possible to attract some advertising from garages that offer this service for a small consideration.

Keith

Nice one Keith, we will put this in the review section, so as others use the garages and MOT stations they can add their comments too, this will also have a search feature so you can search for a particular town or county.

Pets section

Plus maybe a section where we can ask our very own reverand for forgiveness:roflmto::roflmto:

A pets section is a great idea, lots of us have a travelling companion or two. Some larger than others::bigsmile:As for the forgiveness John, maybe you should just give up all those vices and then you won't need forgiving:roflmto::roflmto:

A recipe section would be a good idea!

Another nice idea, a place for all those motorhome cooking tips and recipes.

How about one for hobbies and one for ARVs

Jim

Hobbies is a great idea, we can split it into different sections, such hill walking, metal detecting , skydiving etc.::bigsmile: We have decided against a specific section for ARVs for the moment, but this may come as the site gets busier.

Hi,

I think its really good at the moment and can't honestly think of any really changes myself, but if you want some suggestions perhaps "Top Tips" and "FAQ"

On another point has anyone made contact with the various motorhome manufactures and offered them a free membership so they can be aware of any concerns about their vehicles or there dealerships ? could be helpful in advertising the site if it has direct contact with certain manufacturers ?just a thought ?

Hope this helps

Brian

Top Tips is a good idea, and definitely one for including, we are working on an FAQ. I will be contacting the manufacturers when we have more members. I think it is good when thay can comment, and their input could be valuable and benefit members.

Great Ideas guys and girls keep them coming

S

sharbul

Deleted User
How about one for ARVs

Jim

You beat me to it Jim as I have a stupid question well it sound stupid to me:Tongue::Tongue:

How about a disability section:winky::winky:
Thanks Vince

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
How about a for sale and wanted section for second hand goods?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How about a for sale and wanted section for second hand goods?

Couldn't be without this really, we are having a full classified section so that members can advertise private stuff for free, and dealers also for a small listing fee. This should be up and running in the first week of September:roflmto:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp

Keith

hi good one keith i am loking for a motorhome MOT station in leicester for october ! you be suprised how many dont want or who carnt because off size::whatthe:wub:

ray

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
hi good one keith i am loking for a motorhome MOT station in leicester for october ! you be suprised how many dont want or who carnt because off size::whatthe:wub:

ray

How big?

I know one good one, but if all else fails.. City Bus (or whatever they are called these days) do MOTs too :)

Of course if it's bigger than a double decker bus you might struggle to get it in the garage there :roflmto:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Question for JimJam

Hi Jimjam, what about a sub forum in "cooking" for recipes? Just make it easier for folks looking for recipe ideas and as the site builds I think there will be many general and equipment threads.
What does anyone else think? ::bigsmile:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
I have a few travel logs/write ups that we have completed over the years so a section where I can post those would be usefull. Some are a bit dated but they will give members some ideas for future trips.

Don

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jimjam, what about a sub forum in "cooking" for recipes? Just make it easier for folks looking for recipe ideas and as the site builds I think there will be many general and equipment threads.
What does anyone else think? ::bigsmile:

Recipe section now included ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have a few travel logs/write ups that we have completed over the years so a section where I can post those would be usefull. Some are a bit dated but they will give members some ideas for future trips.

Don

Hi Don, for the moment please post them in UK or Continental touring. Pretty soon we wll have a travelogue/blog section up and running.

Thanks for wanting to contribute

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
i what about a motorhome related quiz?

h i what about a motorhome /rv related quiz ?:winky:

ray