Free Member
Apr 6, 2016
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
Just looking befor buying
Exp
Did a three week grand tour of Spain
Hello everyone. I have just retired and after fancying a motorhome for a long time we have decided to buy one. We did a three week tour of Spain in a hire van back in January to see if we liked it,and we loved it. Our problem is deciding what to buy.We plan to do long term trips in the UK and Spain. We have a must have list consisting of 1 Rear bedroom with fixed twin beds .2 Mid line bathroom and kitchen 3 Front lounge 4 large garage.
An overcab bed would be handy but not vital. There doesn't seem to be many out there. Any suggestions please, preferably used but we might stretch to a new one

Cheers David and Jane C

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Similar to what I am thinking of changing to..
They are available BUT you need to search as it's not maybe a common layout.
Some Hymers, Carthago, Frankia come to mind, however you see that layout more in "A" class rather than "C" (coachbuilt) with the overcab bed..

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, get the layout right and your set but it can take a van or two before you get there or find a van with the best layout you can afford and live with it, which is what I've done. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You've pretty much described my Frankia Platin Plus Dave and whilst mine is the larger version there are lots of slightly smaller ones available with the same sort of layout to.

Best of luck in your search, I'm currently looking for one to satisfy the needs of a pal of mine.

All the beat Griff and :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: David and Jane, get yourself to the Peterborough Motorhome Show with so many models on display you will definitely find what you need. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi and :pink:. Our friends @Jenben bought a Hymer Exsis with the type of layout you describe. They brought it in to the UK and saved money. Hopefully they'll be along to post but they are travelling in France at the moment so don't know when they'll have internet.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:pink:
Hymer Exis I 698 or Hymer B class 698 both have layout you describe we imported our Exsis 698 from Germany last year it's 4250 GVW so good payload at 7200 long and 2220 wide.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Just the layout we will be hoping to buy in the near future.

Dethleffs t6611 and i6611 are that plan.

Welcome to the fun.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
:welc:

There are a number of Rapidos with the layout you want albeit they are A class so the front bed is drop down rather than over cab.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Another vote for Hymer here. They make lots of vans which fit your needs. Have l look at https://www.hymer.com/en/models/motorhomes/

As @jumartoo says, we have the Exsis I 578 which would probably fit your requirements. It's 6.75m long. If you're happy with longer then the Exsis I 588 is similar, more storage and 7m long or as @Speve says, the Exsis I 698 has even more room but is 7.2m long. All Exsis i are A class vans with an overcab bed, but are also available as a cab front Exsis-t without the bed.

All fantastic vans. I think they are all 3.5t as standard so 578 has best payload, but can all be ordered or updated to 3.8t (cheaply) or 4.25 if you specify the maxi chassis ( slightly more expensive)

Hope this helps. Best place to see all of them will be the Dusseldorf show, especially if you're happy to self import from Europe (easy,lots of advice here and saves £k's on UK price).

OP
OP
D

davethespark

Free Member
Apr 6, 2016
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
Just looking befor buying
Exp
Did a three week grand tour of Spain
Well that gives us plenty to think about. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and warm welcome:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back