Suggestions for internet communications (1 Viewer)

nettypoole

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
Does anyone have any suggestions for what is the best solution to getting internet access while traveling in Europe.
We are planning to visit France, Spain and Portugal for 8 weeks this autumn and would like to retain contact with our widespread family by e-mail and Skype while we are away. (We also have a son in Afghanistan and send him frequent e-blueys).
I have a Mac laptop with built in wifi and an iPhone (but my O2 contract makes it very expensive to go online whilst abroad).

Looking forward to good solutions from you experienced tourers out there. Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers Janet.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi Janet, Macdonalds do free wi-fi at all their eateries, I usually buy a coffee just so I don't feel so guilty. ::bigsmile:

You might be able to get close enough in your van to pick the signal up without going inside.

Olley

Last edited:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
If you stay on campsites you will find quite a few have a wifi point and it is often free or not very expensive. Some campsites advertise 80% coverage of the whole site.

Phil.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
If you are in our neck of the woods then we have wifi covering the whole site - and MHFunsters get a 10% discount from our pitch charge!

Wherever you go, enjoy yourselves.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back