Suggestions for a site for this summer please! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well that's been interesting! Thank you again for all your help and comments. Ron and I have talked it over and now we are reconsidering our plans. Spain may have to wait for another time as finances are rather strained this year! We have found a few sites in southwest France that are less than €25 a night with the facilities we want so may stick with the cheese and wine diet again! I have saved the details of the sites you have so kindly recommended so if I EVER escape the teaching profession (or win the lotto!) we can explore España! :cooler:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
gerri the problem with france is its expensive when staying there

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
gerri the problem with france is its expensive when staying there

I found that we had a wider range of cheaper sites in France than Spain - especially the Municipal sites - many of which have pools. Bars might not be so accessible on site but local bars are more fun anyway I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well that's been interesting! Thank you again for all your help and comments. Ron and I have talked it over and now we are reconsidering our plans. Spain may have to wait for another time as finances are rather strained this year! We have found a few sites in southwest France that are less than €25 a night with the facilities we want so may stick with the cheese and wine diet again! I have saved the details of the sites you have so kindly recommended so if I EVER escape the teaching profession (or win the lotto!) we can explore España! :cooler:

We stayed at a nice little site near Cahors a few years back.

It had a nice little pool and wasn't too busy in August.

It wasn't hugely expensive if I recall and the owners were very nice and laid back. In fact the chap there introduced me to the local artesian beer.

Far enough South too for the better weather.

Let me know if you want the details and I will ask my wife to dig them out.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Good sites in holiday areas can be booked up in December please be aware of this

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed at a nice little site near Cahors a few years back.

It had a nice little pool and wasn't too busy in August.

It wasn't hugely expensive if I recall and the owners were very nice and laid back. In fact the chap there introduced me to the local artesian beer.

Far enough South too for the better weather.

Let me know if you want the details and I will ask my wife to dig them out.

@Chris Might this be the one? Nice site.

http://www.cabessut.com/

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Here it is @Gerri19 http://quercy-vacances.mobi/fr/

About €120 for a week in the summer holidays which is pretty good I think.

It's a bit secluded but if you are cooking at the van you will be ok.

There is a little bar on site that does food.

We only stayed for 2 nights but I would certainly go back

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back