Suggestions for a site for this summer please!

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Ron & Gerri, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Afternoon all. Would really appreciate some help please! We will be heading down through France at the end of July and had hoped to go on down into Spain for the first time. Now, before you reply, we do NOT want to stop on any aire type areas once in Spain. What we are looking for is a reasonably priced campsite that has a pool and hopefully a bar (or near one!) We will be travelling with our 13 year old granddaughter and that's why we need a pool. Not bothered about it being near the coast. Anybody have any recommendations? Only ones I can find are massively expensive and I thought Spain was supposed to be cheap (compared to here!)
    Thank you in advance for your help,
    Gerri

2. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Join ACSI. Really good prices out of season. But in season Late July /August it will be expensive.
    We stayed on " camping La Maura, on the coast near Tarragona. Fabulous, you wont want to move on.
    Phil

• Like Like x 1
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

July, expect to pay an arm and a leg. But what do you call "massively expensive" ? You can easily pay €80 a night in peak season.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hilldweller

Just so they are not frightened off, it's not a club, you just buy the DVD and it will offer thousands of campsites in a very easy to use program, provided they have a Windows laptop of course.

The ASCI book lists only the discount sites which is nowhere near as many and of course there are no discounts in July.

Or go on the ACSI website.

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  5. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

if they are taking a thirteen year old in july acsi is a waste of money

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

July / August and Spain on a campsite = Expensive, most probably noisy and hectic..
    It's their holidays as well..

I know you say you dont want aire type places... BUT we have gone last 4 years with my grandkids and the aires have been the best stops !
    One village has free parking opposite a play park and an outdoor pool.
    Another is on a lake with man made beach, life guards etc..
    Dont rule them out completely..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

That's prime holiday season...book well in advance and be prepared to pay top dollar. It will also be very hot indeed...We won't go in high summer anymore

Dutch site zoover good for reviews of family sites all over europe.....

http://www.zoover.co.uk/campsites

• Like Like x 1
  8. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Gerri, everyone has said it all. Most european sites in July are really expensive and filled to capacity. There are aires in France and Spain that are well worth giving a go. We stayed in a campsite called Beau Rivage, at Navarrenx when we had the caravan, so had the car to drive around in, so maybe not so good for the motorhome, but worth spending a few nights there - theres a pool, and lovely little villages and towns in cycling distance - owned by a British couple who are really lovely. Not sure if it would be on your route to spain, but worth researching.

Having said all that, your granddaughter might want to be in the all singing all dancing sites, where her Dutch and German language skills would come on apace! Not sure if Ron could stand all the noise from The Groovy Club, or the Swimming Pools - whilst on the subject of swimming pools, check he has a pair of speedo swimming trunks - boxer type ones are not allowed in euro swimming pools! :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

:thanks3:Thank you so much for all your replies. I do realise that many actual campsites are ridiculously expensive during school holidays. However, there was a good reason for my asking! We have visited Luché-Pringé in France for the last 10 years. The campsite is owned by the village and is alongside the village leisure area with a pool and small daytime bar etc. It's a fantastic place and is only €15.20 a night in the summer. All in. Here's the problem; after 10 years and me never having visited Spain we thought now we had a motor home we would give it a go. I was sure someone else might know a little gem of a place in Spain rather like our little gem in France! But it's not looking great so my foray to Spain may have to wait. We haven't totally ruled out Aires but don't know how to find any good ones so will need your help, although Ron says he doesn't want to spend a week on a car park!
    I appreciate that it's hot then, we like that but anyway as a teacher I don't get to choose to go out of season. July and August are the only times I get a long enough break to warrant a trip that far. So come on Funsters, if a campsite isn't an option, spill the beans on your little treasures of stops for us! :sun:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

And some here whinge about the price of cc and c&cc sites ..haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

image.png Villasol showing €448 for 14 nights (last week in July first week in August)

€32 / night (about £26)

Maybe some just out of town slightly cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hilldweller

We have the Vicarious Spain aires, the ones we've looked at are nothing like French ones, we've driven away from a few now. Just a rough car park in the back end of a rough town sort of thing. There may well be some nice ones but we've not found them.

Try a few days at Camping Eden in Peniscola. I don't know the price but it has the pool and the restaurant was being rebuilt in January. A really nice town with an awesome castle. Not far from France.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Judge Mental

I think Aires a bad idea in high summer. As most little more then car parks. With zero facilities and many not even with shade or camping style pitches where you can live outside in the heat of day.

I stand by what I said re Spain. ..A great destination but not in school holidays. I am aware of your dilemma as my wife in education so fully aware of the limitation.

Plenty of decent family oriented sites in France. Germany. Italy wherever! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

Here's one for you.

http://www.oasismar.com/alojamientos/parcelas/ it's just outside Cambrils about 6km south of Salou.

It's relatively inexpensive at around 40euros / night. The pool's not great, there was lots of cat poop when we stayed but the luscious beach is just yards away, the sea is clear and warm. If you're looking for great sea, sand and sunshine it ticks the boxes.

Fwiw we'll be staying at http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/le_serignan_plage it's expensive at 60-70euros / night but it's right on the beach with some of the best pools, entertainments and facilities out there...
    It's only one week a year.. can't let a couple of hundred euros stop you having the holiday you want !

• Like Like x 3
  15. Judge Mental

We like Peniscola as well have been in high summer. its a lovely town like you say the castle and surroundings nice.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

This is one of our favorite campsites,well laid out themed site with nightly entertainment ,swim up bar ,onsite resaurant,next to the beach,lidles etc nearby,cycle tracks etc.We would go there out of season for the OAP rate but in high season not unreasonable.
    http://www.barapark.es/index.asp?lng=en&doc=this&sec=4

• Like Like x 1
  17. hilldweller

Sorry, Peniscola is further south than I thought. We stopped in Blanes coming home, a lovely town, lots of small restaurants and many campsites. The one we were on did not have a swimming pool but we saw others that did.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

You'll almost certainly find sites a bit more reasonably priced if you can identify somewhere suitable inland, away from the coast.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

Camping Sierra Espuña, ACSI site, accepts ACSI in summer if not busy, but the prices are reasonable anyway! Next to a small mountain village. Has its own bar but the village has two bar/restaurants and two bakers and two village shops. The pool on site is open in summer.

http://campingsierraespuna.com/postcard-from-el-berro/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. busby

busby Funster

Yes they do but you can't stay on Caravan Club and C&C club sites for £8 or £10 a night the rest of the year and what facilities do they offer,,bugger all. BUSBY.

• Funny Funny x 1