Suggestions for a car for Woman ?? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. Woman has a lovely little Zuk Jimney .. Its a 2003, only got about 16,000 miles on the clock, and she loves it to bits

BUT !

It is the 1300cc Jimney Sport.. So does less than 30mpg, is about a group 10 million insurance, and tax on it is £270 a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We both know that it is simply unrealistic to keep it ( given how few miles she does ) but neither of us can think of anything to replace it with

Woman is a shortarse.. She will not drive anything that is normal height, as she likes to sit up a bit so she can see ahead ok.. which is why we went with the Jimney in the first place.

It also has to be automatic

Sooooooooooo

Anyone got any ideas ? Tallish vehicle, not too big, NOT a 4 x 4 as they are all mega bucks to run...
She did have a Merc A Class for a while but hated it ( no idea why )

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Work out how many years it will take to recoup the cost of changing vehicles on lower tax and insurance, and you may find it cheaper to keep the Jimny.
We were thinking of some changes, but even with zero tax on the replacements it was not economical. On your good ladies mileage the Jimny could last you years.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Before I got The Beastie I used to drive a Honda Jazz. Fairly high driving position for a hatchback, very reliable, good mpg .........

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Before I got The Beastie I used to drive a Honda Jazz. Fairly high driving position for a hatchback, very reliable, good mpg .........

Difficult to believe I know, but my wife had a new Golf GTi, DSG box and all the trimmings, after a year she told me she couldn't get on with it, changed to a Toyota IQ 1.3 automatic. Loves it, wouldn't go back to the Golf!

Normally used for just the two of us but 4 seats available if we need to pick up the grandchildren. Turning circle better than London taxi, parks in very small spaces, etc.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Work out how many years it will take to recoup the cost of changing vehicles on lower tax and insurance, and you may find it cheaper to keep the Jimny.
We were thinking of some changes, but even with zero tax on the replacements it was not economical. On your good ladies mileage the Jimny could last you years.

About 5 minutes mate
We have been offered some very proper and serious lolly for the Jimney as it is such low mileage and like new ( this was from a Zuk dealer and was a cash offer, not a px deal )

Jazz is too low.. She has turned her nose up at a range of vehicles of identical genre

Same for the IQ three.. We have had Smarts in the family for the past 8 years ( and have done massive miles in them, including Lake Garda in a day !! ), and the IQ sits at the same height

No, it really does have to have a high seat position

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I managed once to get 72mpg ( indicated ) from my diesel auto Yaris.............Its one of my favourite cars ever.........apart from the indicator turn volume is too low....
Its a great car and is always showing over 60 to the gallon.......and it hustles along...and it can go on an A frame :)

Its a keeper for me .

barry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

I also had a Honda Jazz, automatic, very economical, spacious for a compact car and lovely to drive.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
What about a new Mini Cooper and maybe give her a couple of cushions to sit on...................:Doh:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If the Lady wants to sit up, get an ex MOD Landie. :thumb:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
This could save a few problems...

Chieftain%20tank%20stunt%20017.jpg

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ok.. Woman has a lovely little Zuk Jimney .. Its a 2003, only got about 16,000 miles on the clock, and she loves it to bits

BUT !

It is the 1300cc Jimney Sport.. So does less than 30mpg, is about a group 10 million insurance, and tax on it is £270 a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We both know that it is simply unrealistic to keep it ( given how few miles she does ) but neither of us can think of anything to replace it with

Woman is a shortarse.. She will not drive anything that is normal height, as she likes to sit up a bit so she can see ahead ok.. which is why we went with the Jimney in the first place.

It also has to be automatic

Sooooooooooo

Anyone got any ideas ? Tallish vehicle, not too big, NOT a 4 x 4 as they are all mega bucks to run...
She did have a Merc A Class for a while but hated it ( no idea why )

Our French neighbour has one IT IS never still the whole family who have there own cars BMWs large Renault, Citroens...all jump in this mini mpv and off.....

Link Removed

Link Removed

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hyundai i10 - cheap as chips to run, tax, insure. Reliable with 5 year warranty.High driving position for a small car and my mrs loves hers!:thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Our French neighbour has one IT IS never still the whole family who have there own cars BMWs large Renault, Citroens...all jump in this mini mpv and off.....

Link Removed

Link Removed

That was heer first car after passing the test.. Turned her nose right up at that one I am afraid !! :cry: Considering the mileage she does I would have thought it perfect

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The new Fiat Panda - also available as a 4x4 version - Mrs used to have one of the old ones years back and loved it to bits - have not drive the new ones but heard good reports

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
My missus has got a Suzuki Splash, she swapped her Alto for this because the Splash has a higher driving position, good economy too and very nippy.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
That was heer first car after passing the test.. Turned her nose right up at that one I am afraid !! :cry: Considering the mileage she does I would have thought it perfect

Whooooops Sorry :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back