Suggestions for 2 night stop near a beach.

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Manic, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Manic

Manic Funster

Any suggestions for 2 night stop near to beach, I'm looking for the nearest beach to Banbury at the end of April.

2. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Banbury Oxfordshire????????,, at least 100mls east or west or south?????? Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  3. buttons

buttons Funster

Is that the Banbury near Oxford:Smile:
    I would say Suffolk. Two nice camps on the beach at Sizewell or a nice site at Aldeburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

According to the map Weston Super Mare is the closest by distance, but I agree with Buttons Aldeburgh site is nice but the beach is pebbles , if you would like a sandy beach nearby Southwold has a sandy beach and a site at the harbour end right by the beach.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Inthezone

Inthezone Read Only Funster

Beach

You didnt say if you wanted to be on a site or wild camp (not free camp) if you want to be right on the beach then hayling island west beach allows overnighting max stay 72 hrs but you will need to pay charges, but its actually on the beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a nice place to stay

• Like Like x 2
  6. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

bit worried here about geography.
    i live between Banbury and Oxford and we couldn't be further from the coast in any direction if we tried!
    Weston super mare is accessible because of good motorway links m40/m5 and is about 2 1/2 hours, South Devon coast 3 1/2 hours, south coast Portsmouth/Bournemouth depending which way you turn off after Winchester 2 1/2 hours straight down A34, Norfolk coast 3 1/2 hours all cross country

7. Yorick

Yorick Funster

We're near there and have our own lake with lovely beach :Smile:

8. Manic

Manic Funster

Yes ,Banbury Oxfordshire . As soozywoozy says I think South would be easiest.
    Don't mind CL/pub or any other suggestions.
    Cheers

9. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We live north of Banbury and when the children were little, our 'nearest beach' was Bournemouth. East coast is OK but it takes longer to cut across country than to head down the A34 via Newbury and on via Winchester.

Weston-Super-Mare is fairly accessible once you reach the M5 south. Not one of my favourite places though! The beaches in west Wales are excellent - the area around Towyn and Dolgellau, but it's a bit of a hike via Shrewsbury.

10. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Weston & Sizewell are both a bit too close to nuclear power stations for me! Burnham-On-Sea just around the coast from Weston & directly opposite Hinkley Point has double the incidence of cancer than elsewhere & too many people I know who have lived on or near the sea front have been victims. Would go a bit further to Devon/Cornwall or across to Wales for much better (safer?) beaches. I know a lot of people will say just living is risky anyway but I don't believe in inviting trouble...