suggestion for nice quiet sites near sarlat / cahors / or anywhere in S.W France! (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
heading down to the Pyrenees this year for a month. need to sort out a nice site in S.W France as a stop off between last campsite and house swap site. Our usual 'cool camping' location is full during the time we want to stay. Needs to have a pool / river nearby for the kids to cool off.
cheers

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Look in the Acsi book for the site at Sarlat there is a campsite called Indigo Sarlet Les Perieres ( now in Euro Camps website) this is about 500 mates from the centre of the town. Walkable and cyclable but it is all uphill on the way back.
Guided walks around town in English on Wednesday mornings, as well as a great market twice a week.
Added advantage is Sarlat Rugby Club about 300 Mars away, new season starts in October.

We stayed there for four nights 5 years ago and we would go back again

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Regret a bad case of predictive text and lousy proof reading before posting - should read metres!

Just going to get my hand slapped - no PC rubbish in our house!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you take the route d704 from sarlat to gourdon . there are some nice lakes on the way just before gourdon . have stopped by them . we prefer the one thats man made up the hill a bit closer to gourdon on the left . nice parking and there was adult keep fit apparatus on a country walk . great area . we dont use campsites .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.225...4!1s_k7LG4iJOjcd3_Ir56kR-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
another good place but best not park like that m,home .
there are toilets ,showers ,a cafe . bbq places and loads of room for kids to play.
its just below saverdun and is another favourite place of ours .
we go past saverdun then turn back on ourselves and its almost immediately on the left.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Sarlat and Cahors each have aires - we've stayed in both. Sarlat's backs onto the cemetery at the top end of the town. Cahors has two but the southernmost one in the parking area by the bend in the river is more useful. There's also a little tiny one with about five bays close by.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back