Suggest sites please.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Daveo2006, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Hi all, we are off to Chatsworth for a couple of nights next week and then plan to head for Scotland to visit some family and see some sights.Would maybe like to stop off somewhere on route and would be grateful of some suggestions so ant ideas would be most welcomed.We have joined the CC so could stay on one of their sites .We have our Scottie dogs with us( Aggie and Angus.cheers Dave.

2. keith

keith Funster

You could try the site we live on, just of the M74

Click on the link in my signature to see Cressfield Caravan Park, just over the border and easy to find off J19

• Like Like x 1
  3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

The obvious one is the CC site at Chatsworth itself. It is in what used to be the walled garden of Chatsworth House and has a 'secret doorway' directly into the grounds which you are given on arrival. The dogs will love going walkies around there. :thumb:

Wyn

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

while in the area try the CC Traversal site great spot for long dog walks on the old pit site opposite (now a country park) brilliant gastro pub about 200 yards from site, the toilets & showers are really 5 star hotel quality all marble and very clean with under floor heating best I have ever seen on a site.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Read Only Funster

I think i may have misunderstood the question.

If you really want 'en route' i would recomend Durham Grange as its about half way ish and 100 yards off the A1, handy bus stop into Durham Centre and a dog walk on site.

If im wrong and you want to stop off as you set off, then sorry,

Enjoy

Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

We are bookedon at Chatsworth and are looking forward to getting there but are also looking for a stop off between there and Scotland.Many thanks.