Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
looking on Ebay , and 3 of the 4 vans that i was looking at when i was buying back in March are still there unsold ..

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
looking on Ebay , and 3 of the 4 vans that i was looking at when i was buying back in March are still there unsold ..

Over priced!!!! Too many people expect to be paid dealer prices without offering warranties, etc.

Is that being greedy?

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
one is dealer, other 2 are MH Depot.. but yes, if they were priced to sell, they would.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
MH Depot...it is correct that they are only agents and don't have anything to sell? Sounds rathery dodgy to me. :cautious:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Yes, they are, but even so.. obviously i was looking for a specific model, so the fact that they arent common, means its easier to see what going on .

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, they are, but even so.. obviously i was looking for a specific model, so the fact that they arent common, means its easier to see what going on .

Like you, I look for specific models for an 'upgrade'. I am just not sure whether MH Depot are the people to deal with. I just feel that they might be taking the owners and buyers 'for a ride'.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Im not a fan either, but irrespective, im surprised, that a large mid £20K A Class hasnt found a buyer.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
MH Depot...it is correct that they are only agents and don't have anything to sell? Sounds rathery dodgy to me. :cautious:

Like you, I look for specific models for an 'upgrade'. I am just not sure whether MH Depot are the people to deal with. I just feel that they might be taking the owners and buyers 'for a ride'.

Think of them like an estate agent. They don't have anything to sell either and whilst it's perfectly possible to sell your house without using one it's usually easier if you do.

Of course they're going to charge for their services.

Citysafe

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Surrey UK
Funster No
MH
A Class EuraMobil
Exp
My friend sold his van in 3 days for the asking price. Too low in my view. But higher than a dealer offer.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Motor Home Depot, put things up for sale they havnt got I think, when we were looking they had a few we were interested in, but never got to see any of them, if you rang he wouldn't be there or the van was in a different part of the country to the advert or you had got to make an appointment co pleat waste of time as far as we were concerned

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Too many stories of scams? Personally I've always felt stuff on Ebay was overpriced so these days rarely look at unless a Google search comes up with something specific.

Did try selling once, a set of wheels and tyres that had been blocking up my garage for too long; went quite quickly by auction but buyer got an absolute bargain.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I tried to view a Motorhome Depot van and they wouldn't let me arrange an appointment, finally accepting that it wasn't available to sell.

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
They usually add about £2,000 to what they pay you, but handle the adverts and viewing. So it pitches between dealers and private.
I guess they depend on the owner preparing the Moho for viewing and not being abroad. I tried them but they pitched it too high, I would have been pleased to get that much, but doubted it would sell. It didn't.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We sold our last van on EBay - did price research first. Set an attractive price and it sold quickly
Maybe other sellers are not bothered if / when they make a sale ?

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I was just wondering if people who had done what we had ( look for something specific) had noticed the same.

On the flip side , I found something I would rather have waited for , so I should just stop looking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back