stuck in first gear (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Was coming home from work stopped at traffic lights my foot slipped off the clutch wet boots set off and it changed gear ok till I got to my street.
changing down to turn in to street it would not come out of first gear and gear stick is solid
gear oil is ok thinking something wrong with linkage it is LHD column change fiat ducato
bill

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sounds like it Bill. I can see mine just about as I don't have the spare wheel under bonnet ,just a huge air filter that side. You need someone to try & move it whilst you look.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sounds like it Bill. I can see mine just about as I don't have the spare wheel under bonnet ,just a huge air filter that side. You need someone to try & move it whilst you look.
I think its come adrift at the steering Colum it's ok at the linkage above the gear box .but it's pissing it down with rain
.I am not working tomorrow I will have a proper look then
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If it is at column than just the 4 screws to remove the top & bottom plastic & roll the rubber gaiter back & all exposed-

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
think I have fund the problem top engine mount has collapsed allowing the engine to move just enough to screw up gear changing
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back