Stuck in field, anyone near Woodhall spa? (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just on the off chance that there is anyone near woodhall spa who can help me please?
I have tried everything I can think of, strips of wood, gravel rocking etc etc. I have got to the point where I will just make things worse for the other three wheels.

I think the only option now is either a 4x4 tow or jacking up the wheel to put something under it :( Unfortunately I just realised I lent my Jack to someone who has since left to live in America.

I understand I am asking a lot and am not expecting anyone to go out of their way, but I thought as a last ditch plea for help :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Glad it's sorted Karl, didn't like you stuck in the mud, hope he's voting the same as you and you don't cancel each other's votes out. :)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Just on the off chance that there is anyone near woodhall spa who can help me please?
I have tried everything I can think of, strips of wood, gravel rocking etc etc. I have got to the point where I will just make things worse for the other three wheels.

I think the only option now is either a 4x4 tow or jacking up the wheel to put something under it :( Unfortunately I just realised I lent my Jack to someone who has since left to live in America.

I understand I am asking a lot and am not expecting anyone to go out of their way, but I thought as a last ditch plea for help :)

Hi.
".... but i thought as a LAST DITCH...plea for help."

Is this a ditch oooops Pitch, at securing "Wordsmith of the week title ?
Tea Bag

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Glad you're sorted - safe travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I read that as Karl is getting a lift to the polling station not that his van is out of the field?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just got back from voting. Van still stuck in the Mud, I am a fulltimer to in no real panic to move the van now.

This is the first time it was actually important for me to move since I went fulltiming.....

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is meant to work :)

I did consider it, but it is a 3.5 Tonne motorhome burried to the top of the tyre now.

I even tried lengths of Aluminium angle to try and give some grip but gave up on that pretty quickly when it also started slipping, didn't want to knacker the tyres.

The property owner is back next friday so he may have some slip maps as he is a motorhome owner. If not I will order a cheap jack to jack that wheel up and chuck some padding underneath.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I also considered ordering some snow chains, but my guess is they would just get caked in mud and start spinning as well. @MikeD I may try with some steel pipes tomorrow.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
If it's that bad, what were you going to put the jack on???????
Many kilos pressing down, as well as up me thinks.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If it's that bad, what were you going to put the jack on???????
Many kilos pressing down, as well as up me thinks.

I have some 3' x 3' Ply wood boards 1" thick :) spread the load. Basic engineering. why you don't let women in stiletto heals on nice wooden floors.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
I should put a flag on top , once saw a tractor stuck in mud up to top of wheels next morning only top of exhaust visable:eek:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
On Exercises in Northern Germany back in 70's we had a tank that drove into a field and broke through what was just a floating raft of grass and within 3 or 4 days, just the turret was the only thing visible.. All recovery attempts where futile..
The "Techies" arrived and went inside to strip out all the radios and "goodies" and it was written off as a loss .. A TANK !!!!!!!
Bloody amazing to see.
You could jump up and down on the grass and the field would "Ripple".
Mitch.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
. @MikeD I may try with some steel pipes tomorrow.
I would have a go as in the vid. I have seen it work first hand. If you can attach the wood high up on the wheel as the guy I watched couldn't and he got pretty muddy but he did get out. (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I would wait for a tow out, straining the engine and clutch trying to get out could damage something.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Karl if you do try the stick of wood method make sure you put some on the other wheel too or you are likely to bury that side if the grounds that soft.

Without a limited slip diff or traction control the other side is more than likely to spin if you do get any purchase on the side with the wood on.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
When I got similarly stuck I borrowed a hydraulic jack from my local tyre supplier for a couple of hours and raised it enough to get some boarding under it.

Good luck

Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back