stubborn boxer bonnet catch

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Loz123, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Loz123

Loz123 Read Only Funster

I have a 6 month old eldiss autoquest on boxer chassis .went to look under the bonnet as u do.the bonnet lever in the cab moves its full travel but feels a bit slack .the bonnet catch doesnt seem to operate and open the bonnet.the dealer is in north wales and live in west sussex so cant just pop in to get it sorted . does anyone have any ideas . is this a boxer problem ,can open the bonnet for now or do i have to go to a local peugeot dealer

2. MisterED

MisterED Read Only Funster

maybe the bonnet is out of align

Hi,

Try pushing one side or the other down as the catch is released, may work.

Or the wine in me says throw it a bone, boxers usually open thier mouths for that :Doh:

Sorry but its Saturday night

3. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

At 6 months old it has the Peugeot warranty and as it a Peugeot part of the van that has the problem I would take it to your nearest Pug dealer.

My van is also on the Peugeot Boxer chassis and I have had a few little niggles fixed by my local Peugeot dealer, as the Motorhome dealer is 300 miles away.
    The Peugeot dealer has been very helpful even though it was not bought directly from them....:thumb:

4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Exactly, your servicing to maintain the warranty is in two parts, Habitation service by the Elddis dealer, cab and chassis by a Peugeot Dealer, your bonnet catch is the Peugeot dealers responsibility.