Struggling to get TV reception (1 Viewer)

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
just had a brill weekend in the dales but no reception againurgh. At home it tunes in thro the status aerial brill. I bought a strength meter to take the guess work out of tuning TV in. I had all the lights lit up indicating a good signal but no channels found. When you tr-tune the TV in a new area does the TV recognise the local TV transmitter or could it be trying to receive from the transmiter nearer home? Sooooooo frustrating. Obviously everything is working as tuning in at home is no problem

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Will try that, my booster is either on or off with one switch and the other switch is high or low. So frustrating, found the perfect place to stay in the dales only 90 mins from home, would be brill to be able to watch a bit of TV. When strength meter lit up like a Christmas tree I thought we had cracked it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like too strong a signal or the tv is not rescanning for channels

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Just looked at the switch and it's in the high position, TV was scanning ok but no channels found came up, as soon as back home it found 180 channels,weird

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
A strength meter only measures the strength of the received signal, not the quality, this applies to freesat and freeview. Quality at the receiver (or the tv tuner) is what really matters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back