Strong Wind causes a funny (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The wind is blowing a hooley here. Lovely day but seriously windy.

A new arrival on site went to drop some rubbish in the bin and she dropped the bin lid which proceeded to roll away from her.
It started off at a slow roll but each time it looked like it was going to fall over the wind picked it up and it rolled further. Ended up right at the other end of the campsite.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but it did cheer me up. One of those silly things. :ROFLMAO:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I often find that happens - strong wind causes a funny :Blush:
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
South-East Hants most probably enjoying its first day of spring.
Warm, really its warm, and very light breeze. Sat in the garden surveying the ruins of what used to be a back garden now a algaed muddy mess.
Sod it I'm off to Europe for a couple of months. Out of sight, out of mind. :Smile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Well folks like you we are heading for spring :thumb: +12 deg C here light winds and snow on its way:thumb:since 7th march we have had full sun shine every Day deep blue sky,s, when i was speaking to Jim way back in march i said about the lovely weather we are having,do you remember that Jim,so it want be long before we out and about in the MH,got a couple of jobs to do first, even put the summer wheels on the car now in favor of the summer,so hope we don't change:Doh: get aback step,so to all have a great year out and about,and any one of you up here give us a shout and pop in, tea pots always on,cheers Alf and M

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Lovely day on the Suffolk coast.. :thumb:

a bit windy this morning but has now dropped, clouds lifted, sun shining and it's 17c in the shade.. roll on summer :Smile:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
The wind is blowing a hooley here. Lovely day but seriously windy.

A new arrival on site went to drop some rubbish in the bin and she dropped the bin lid which proceeded to roll away from her.
It started off at a slow roll but each time it looked like it was going to fall over the wind picked it up and it rolled further. Ended up right at the other end of the campsite.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but it did cheer me up. One of those silly things. :ROFLMAO:

Very windy here too.
Your comment 'I shouldn't laugh', reminded me when i was delivering in Ilkeston once, and the guy wanted me to drop the goods in his lock up, at the side of his house.
The wind was serious, and the poor chap had one of those wigs on, that are a complete contrast to the remaining hair around the sides of his bonce.
He had to unlock the padlock to gain access.
Now undoing a padlock with one hand is difficult, but, whilst holding your syrup on with the other, in gale force winds, is a recipe for disaster.
Sure enough he had to use two hands on the lock, and in that brief second he let go of his syrup, the wind took it, over the fence, and across the playing field with this poor sod in hot pursuit.
I thought i would die laughing! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Brings tears to my eyes even now!

Craig

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Lovely day on the Suffolk coast.. :thumb:

a bit windy this morning but has now dropped, clouds lifted, sun shining and it's 17c in the shade.. roll on summer :Smile:
My brother is attempting to sail out of the Tide Mill marina at Woodbridge today but the wind was not in his favour so they are going to have another go tomorrow. You are right it is a great spring day in Suffolk though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back