Strong Wind causes a funny

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gromett, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

The wind is blowing a hooley here. Lovely day but seriously windy.

A new arrival on site went to drop some rubbish in the bin and she dropped the bin lid which proceeded to roll away from her.
    It started off at a slow roll but each time it looked like it was going to fall over the wind picked it up and it rolled further. Ended up right at the other end of the campsite.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but it did cheer me up. One of those silly things. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 7
  2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Same here realy windy and pi**ing down, its not funny and I can't find anything to cheer me up:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

I often find that happens - strong wind causes a funny :Blush:
    Wyn

• Like Like x 3
  4. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

South-East Hants most probably enjoying its first day of spring.
    Warm, really its warm, and very light breeze. Sat in the garden surveying the ruins of what used to be a back garden now a algaed muddy mess.
    Sod it I'm off to Europe for a couple of months. Out of sight, out of mind. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Well folks like you we are heading for spring :thumb: +12 deg C here light winds and snow on its way:thumb:since 7th march we have had full sun shine every Day deep blue sky,s, when i was speaking to Jim way back in march i said about the lovely weather we are having,do you remember that Jim,so it want be long before we out and about in the MH,got a couple of jobs to do first, even put the summer wheels on the car now in favor of the summer,so hope we don't change:Doh: get aback step,so to all have a great year out and about,and any one of you up here give us a shout and pop in, tea pots always on,cheers Alf and M

• Like Like x 2
  6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Lovely day on the Suffolk coast.. :thumb:

a bit windy this morning but has now dropped, clouds lifted, sun shining and it's 17c in the shade.. roll on summer :Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  7. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

Wait till the tuggers start with the Awnings:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

16 degrees and sunny in Wakefield
    But windy I was going to wash van for Peterborough but I didn't fancy getting soaked so the muck from Newark is coming with us

• Like Like x 1
  9. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Very windy here too.
    Your comment 'I shouldn't laugh', reminded me when i was delivering in Ilkeston once, and the guy wanted me to drop the goods in his lock up, at the side of his house.
    The wind was serious, and the poor chap had one of those wigs on, that are a complete contrast to the remaining hair around the sides of his bonce.
    He had to unlock the padlock to gain access.
    Now undoing a padlock with one hand is difficult, but, whilst holding your syrup on with the other, in gale force winds, is a recipe for disaster.
    Sure enough he had to use two hands on the lock, and in that brief second he let go of his syrup, the wind took it, over the fence, and across the playing field with this poor sod in hot pursuit.
    I thought i would die laughing! :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1: Brings tears to my eyes even now!

Craig

10. buttons

buttons Funster

My brother is attempting to sail out of the Tide Mill marina at Woodbridge today but the wind was not in his favour so they are going to have another go tomorrow. You are right it is a great spring day in Suffolk though.

11. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

at my stepdaughters in Newcastle yesterday.....jeans and T-shirt repairing her shed roof.

today at home and blowing a hooligan.

12. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Gave my van its annual wash today. 20c and a bit overcast when I did then sun came out :Smile: