Strikeback Alarm Vanbitz

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jon and Debs, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Jon and Debs

Jon and Debs Funster

Drove the new MH to Vanbitz on Friday to get an alarm fitted. Excellent service and advice. Work started as soon as I arrived at around 8.45 am and Ashley ran me into Taunton whilst they completed the job. I had a Strikeback system fitted with a few extras i.e. sensors on the hatches and an additional siren. Boy is that thing is lound !!! I used the generous 15% discount as a result of subscribing to MH Fun so thanks MHF. This paid for the extras that I had so Vanbitz did ok from it and so they should. They will let you pitch up on the site that they own right next to the workshop. Coffee was offered and the facilities were excellent. The alarm is a real confidence booster and they have loads of other boy toys to buy whilst you are there. I got a taxi back from the town at around 1pm and the hand over and advice was delivered before I began the long drag in the rain and the M25 rush hour around London back to North Essex. The system is relatively expensive but I think very good value. Don't use the satnav for the last 20 miles getting there because it will send you thro a network of farm lanes that are just about a MH width. I has to ask one poor woman to back up a good few hundred yards and she was not impressed. I don't work or have any connection with Vanbitz but think they deserve a write up, excellence is quite hard to find these days. Well done chaps and thanks.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Soaringman

Soaringman Funster

My van is going there Monday for solar panels

• Like Like x 4
  3. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

We had excellent service from them when we took our MH to get a health check on the strikeback alarm. James gave us a tutorial in how to work it - we had the van for 3 months at that stage and had never worked out how the alarm worked! He also sorted out the satellite and we decided to get a gaslow system - all sorted out with great professionalism and workmanship.

We stayed at Cornish Park for a week and look forward to visiting the area again.

Kath

• Like Like x 4
  4. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Not cheap but easily the best and great service. Nice people (and dogs), plus a great campsite are a bonus (y)

• Like Like x 7
  5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I have yet to see a comparison alarm system fitted that is cheaper than the strikeback, I do not think it is expensive most are not designed for motorhomes that are cheaper.
    There is a good reason people go to Vanbitz even if just for advice

• Like Like x 4
  6. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Yes, the basic system was comparable in cost to the one that the dealer offered to fit, but clearly a more suitable system. I paid extra for alarming every single locker door (5) plus the extra sirens. Pleased with the service, cost and the system. I would not look anywhere else for the next van

• Like Like x 5
  7. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

i live local and havent used yet, but eddie was more than helpfull on here when i was looking for info thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

We are off there in a couple of weeks to get our strikeback all checked out and transferred Into our name. Rang up last week and the service even on the phone was very good. You can see why they have a great reputation.(y)

• Like Like x 4
  9. StanandShirley

StanandShirley Funster

Always a pleasure to spend money for great service

• Like Like x 4
  10. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

We will definately be contacting Eddie in March when we get our motorhome(y)
    Brian & Jo

• Like Like x 3
  11. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Thank you for your comments, I'll make sure that everyone at work see's the posts.

Ps the cheques are in the post ;-)

• Like Like x 8
  12. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

Don't forget mine!

• Like Like x 2
  13. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

Agree with the other posts great service very happy with alarm system fitted

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

I'm currently at the Vanbitz site and I have to say what a great site this is, follow the instructions on how to get here that they give you and not your sat nav! Will let you no about the service I get tomorrow when I have my growler alarm fitted but it sounds like it's going to be good?

15. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

It will be steve. We had to take ours down to be sorted as it seemed faulty when we purchased the MH. The staff are amazing, the site great and, tho not cheap, I never felt overcharged. It now works perfick.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

You told me that 18 months ago and I'm still waiting!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phill D

Phill D

Strikeback is a great system had it on both our vans over the last 6 years. great confidence booster and does what it says on the tin..(y)

• Like Like x 2
  18. kiwi cornish

kiwi cornish

We have bought a new Autotrail which we will be picking up in march, and have also opted for the strikeback system so it's encouraging to see so many positive coments. Our dealer quoted £700 for an alarm to be fitted so we thought we would go with Vanbitz as they have come in cheaper. We are also getting the gaslow system fitted, so will look forward to picking up our van and hopefully be joining you guys on a meet sometime :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fragle

Fragle Funster

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

I've had my Vanbitz Strikeback Growler alarm fitted and although it's only just been done I'm very impressed with the demonstration I recieved and the service from Vanbitz, time will tell if it's as good as everyone says!
    I'm already starting to think about having the Non Starter anti key theft system fitted
    They also gave me some good advise on satalite systems and Gasflow systems so it sounds like I could be coming back?

• Like Like x 2