Stressed Out Internet Idiot ! (1 Viewer)

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have had to change my password yet again because all of a sudden I was treated as a non member . The password sent was a difficult one to do on my iPad and being a complete Internet idiot it took ages . In the end a superior being ...husband cut and pasted it onto my log in . Phewww!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
You are not alone...."Spooky!". Was sent a mix of letters numbers..."WROTE THEM DOWN JIM" Did the Doo Dah,went to sign in... "Not recognised ?". Did my usual,punch all the keys at random...Now i am ON.
So,when it asks for my Password.......... LOL. Only the Pooter knows,oh thrice LOL!
Tea Bag

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you copy and paste the reset password from the e-mail, the highlighting function can pick up a space at the end. As a space is a character in computerese, including it in your password by pasting it can confuse the system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
What sometimes works is to have a pattern, not a password.

You take a clue from the website name, do something to it, then put in a capital and/or a number, and maybe a punctuation character.

For example: Motorhome Fun = Otorhomefunm?1066, Facebook = Acebookf?1066 and so on.

You don't have to remember the individual passwords, you just have to remember which pattern you apply.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive found using the first letter of each word from a song you like and then adding a couple of numbers such as tor wedding anniversary either end is good even better if like me you use a misheard line

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I use Keypass2 .. then you only need to remember ONE master password..

It's a lightweight and easy-to-use password manager

It is not on the cloud, and passwords are not stored in the browser, so no security risk.. it's a small 'stand alone' free program from Sourceforge Net.. it generates and stores all your passwords.

It's very easy to use.. there are versions for Mac, Windows and Droid also a portable version you can use on a memory stick.. very useful for travelling.

I've been using it for several years and wouldn't be without it..

To use a password, you right click on the entry, copy password and then paste into the password box.. no errors or copying spaces etc ..

Download the Professional 2.29 version for Windows here http://keepass.info/download.html

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just had to change my password again . Then thought to change it to easier one but the password sent to me by M Fun is not recognised! Not too sure what to do . I cannot ask for a new password every time I access the site . What is going on ?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Magicsurfbus.
OH for young brain cells. I have a job remembering what day it is,i probably did all the pasting/copying whatevers,without knowing.However,i am back on now,so,"Until the next time"LOL
Tea Bag

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It changed because you asked me to change it, I saw your message last night and acted on it and changed your password. It transpires that you'd already sorted it and I came along changed it again :rofl:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I use Keypass2 .. then you only need to remember ONE master password..

It's a lightweight and easy-to-use password manager

It is not on the cloud, and passwords are not stored in the browser, so no security risk.. it's a small 'stand alone' free program from Sourceforge Net.. it generates and stores all your passwords.

It's very easy to use.. there are versions for Mac, Windows and Droid also a portable version you can use on a memory stick.. very useful for travelling.

I've been using it for several years and wouldn't be without it..

To use a password, you right click on the entry, copy password and then paste into the password box.. no errors or copying spaces etc ..

Download the Professional 2.29 version for Windows here http://keepass.info/download.html

Likewise Jim.:)
Used it since 1.something.
You can even easily modify the password generator to only use specific alpha \ numeric \ symbols that a particular website will accept.
Great password manager tool.(y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Jim.
SORRY !!!. I am still under the illusion,that the pooter responds in a nano second.
Tea Bag (He who should NOT have a computor LOL)
THANKS AGAIN!

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I use ABC123 for everything, easy to remember (n)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Simbadog.
Cleaned your bank account out,sending this post from Perth................... AUSTRALIA.....LOL
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back