Strengthen Wardrobe Wall For TV Mount (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We've just bought a bracket to mount our TV to the wall in the lounge, but the wall is the side of the wardrobe so I don't think its going to be strong enough on it's own. Am planning on putting something on the inside of the wardrobe to spread the load a bit. What am I best using? A bit of plywood or MDF? Metal plate? And what size? The same footprint as the TV bracket or bigger?

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Our old pvc was the same.. From the factory it had a square piece of wood.. About 10" square which the tv bracket was fixed to via the wardrobe wall for the very same reason your suggesting.. Was made out of the same as watdrobe and other furniture

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Plywood would be best then can use longer screws and fix into the plywood.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Same issue on our last van. I used a bit of 12mm ply about 8inch square and bolted through to largish washers.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Use thin ply or (better) a square of stainless & use small nuts/bolts. Either way to prevent any damage to either surface I'd use double-sided adhesive tape on the inside & outside. IMO you only get one shot at doing it neatly so the last thing you want is any movement.

OP
OP
DangerMousy
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks all! I was intending using bolts rather than screws anyway (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had a rummage in my workshop when I did ours and 'found' a couple of steel plates about 3 inches square with holes in the middle which I put on the inside of the wardrobe and then bolted through to them ... nice and strong, alternative is to fix a piece of 10mm min thickness ply to the inside of the wardrobe (glue it or double sided tape to hole it while you work) then drill through from the outside for the bracket holes and fix with bolts ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back