May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Hello,
I can remember using a program some years ago that would allow you to put your start and finish points in and then you would get a virtual drive through (as per street view) I'm pretty certain that Google Earth was incorporated as well.
I can't seem to find it now.
If there is something I would hope that there have been improvements as the program I used would often crash though it was useful when it worked.

Does anyone use something like this?

Cheers
Chris

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
If it helps.... and you have a Garmin and use Basecamp....

You can ( within Basecamp ) view routes etc in Google Earth.. (It's a menu option )..
And then travel the virtual route in Street View...

I used to do it for my motorcycle tours of Euro... Not so much with the Moho to date..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vick
May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
If it helps.... and you have a Garmin and use Basecamp....

You can ( within Basecamp ) view routes etc in Google Earth.. (It's a menu option )..
And then travel the virtual route in Street View...

I used to do it for my motorcycle tours of Euro... Not so much with the Moho to date..

Hello,
Thank you for that. I do have Basecamp on my computer so I'll investigate.
Not having much luck with gaiagi.com so fingers crossed.

Cheers
Chris

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hello,
I can remember using a program some years ago that would allow you to put your start and finish points in and then you would get a virtual drive through (as per street view) I'm pretty certain that Google Earth was incorporated as well.
I can't seem to find it now.
If there is something I would hope that there have been improvements as the program I used would often crash though it was useful when it worked.

Does anyone use something like this?

Cheers
Chris

I used to use a bit of software that was create by a Dutch organisation but for the life of me can't remember the name of it. Might still have it at home but .......
However if you search for Google Maps Streetview Player it brings up some options that may be viable for you using, believe it or not, Google Streetview images!;)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Was It called "Tyre" I know you can plan a route alter it and send it to Tom Tom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back