LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
what strange people we brits are, mention a stray dog in need of help and every body goes all gushy, mention stray people under a motorhome and some people want to run them over.

Probibly the best solution to the dogs is to have them put down, they will allways be strays and you cant help them all, reduce the population reduce the problem.

I know I'll get flamed for this post, but Im speaking the truth here, and Im a dog lover.

:(:(:imoutahere:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
what strange people we brits are, mention a stray dog in need of help and every body goes all gushy, mention stray people under a motorhome and some people want to run them over.

Probibly the best solution to the dogs is to have them put down, they will allways be strays and you cant help them all, reduce the population reduce the problem.

I know I'll get flamed for this post, but Im speaking the truth here, and Im a dog lover.

Same applies to the human population

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
the only thing that will help in the long term is sterilisation and education, if that little mite is only about two years old, it's possibly not her first litter, and without intervention it wouldn't be her last..

have so much admiration for those individuals who do animal rescue both here in the uk and abroad, but sadly they only touch the tip of the iceberg so to speak..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Our species messed up our world - we created the problems. It sickens me that our greed / stupidity / whatever is messing up the world for other species. Perhaps that's why I, and I suspect many others, feel more strongly about what happens to animals than what happens to members of our own species.

Having said that I too would support euthanasia to reduce a stray population if it was done by veterinary injection and under controlled conditions. I've seen it done enough times to know that it causes no distress. Unfortunately 'putting down' or a 'cull' is often a euphemism for shooting panicking animals - an operation I certainly would not support.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I feel that as as a species we have a great responsibility for domesticated animals. They would not exist if we had not effectively created them, particularly in the case of dogs, which are now a different species to the ancestral wolf.

We created them, they are our responsibilty.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
I feel that as as a species we have a great responsibility for domesticated animals. They would not exist if we had not effectively created them, particularly in the case of dogs, which are now a different species to the ancestral wolf.

We created them, they are our responsibilty.

plus animals don't have a voice which is why we have to speak up on their behalf..

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Has anyone taken the little white one yet... she looks just like a little teddy bear .. anyone like teddy bears?
The little white one is still available, sadly their has been no takers for any of them. I still haven't caught the mother. She is still about but not so much now as her pups are gone.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The little white one is still available, sadly their has been no takers for any of them. I still haven't caught the mother. She is still about but not so much now as her pups are gone.
Oh no.... chances are there will be more pups on the way from her then... how heartbreaking. I have probs here at the moment which would make a dog imposssible but if they were sorted I would love that little white one... bless em. PLEASE keep us informed. I feel almost like we have adopted those babies as Funster puppies. xx :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sadly as humans we fail to realise that we are only PART of the world, and we seem to feel justified in abusing and controlling the natural world and other species .. and not doing too good a job of it, unfortunately.....

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Sadly as humans we fail to realise that we are only PART of the world, and we seem to feel justified in abusing and controlling the natural world and other species .. and not doing too good a job of it, unfortunately.....

I 100% agree with you!

It would be so great if you did take one (y)

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Yayyyy I caught her at long last! Phew....
IMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8762.JPG

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
She is now reunited with her pups! I have to start some kind of fundraising to keep them in foster care and cover their vet bills till they find homes!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wonderful, I'd love to take her but with what we've got going on here at the moment it's not really practical, so how about if I start you off with your fundraising and send you £10 via Paypal? If you're happy with this let me have your Paypal email and I'll send it as a gift payment.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm surprised no one eats the strays. hee hee:reel:
Instead of making 'daft' comments why don't YOU donate some money to help too ... :reel::reel::reel:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Having spent my life running an animal rescue centre and supporting it from my own income without outside help I think its time I looked after myself. Any charitable donations that I make are to those in need in this country. We cannot save the whole world. People who care for animals choose to do so and others should not feel obliged to fork out as well. I lived by that for 40 years and retired skint. So please don't try to make me feel guilty it won't work. This forum is supposed to be fun. We have enough stray dogs needing rehoming in this country without getting involved in overseas rescues.
We currently have 2 rescued dogs and 4 rescued horses all of which are here for their lifetime. The exotics we stopped taking in. Using the forum to make people feel guilty and possibly adopt an animal they cannot really afford is I feel wrong, people are led by their heart and not by reason. I'm sorry if that is an unpopular view.

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Wonderful, I'd love to take her but with what we've got going on here at the moment it's not really practical, so how about if I start you off with your fundraising and send you £10 via Paypal? If you're happy with this let me have your Paypal email and I'll send it as a gift payment.
Thank you so much, I will pm it to you!

OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Having spent my life running an animal rescue centre and supporting it from my own income without outside help I think its time I looked after myself. Any charitable donations that I make are to those in need in this country. We cannot save the whole world. People who care for animals choose to do so and others should not feel obliged to fork out as well. I lived by that for 40 years and retired skint. So please don't try to make me feel guilty it won't work. This forum is supposed to be fun. We have enough stray dogs needing rehoming in this country without getting involved in overseas rescues.
We currently have 2 rescued dogs and 4 rescued horses all of which are here for their lifetime. The exotics we stopped taking in. Using the forum to make people feel guilty and possibly adopt an animal they cannot really afford is I feel wrong, people are led by their heart and not by reason. I'm sorry if that is an unpopular view.

Wildman, I am sorry if you felt guilty. My original post was not to make any one feel obligated to fork out. I had found this dog and her puppies and felt at a lost as what to do.. I couldn't walk away... which is why I asked in my first post how others coped with this. ( I am sure she will not be the last stray I find on my travels ) I had no idea what I was going to do or if something could be done as she is one in so many here who live on the streets.
I am so chuffed that I got her off the streets for now and hope to keep it that way
It was others who asked me to keep them updated which is what i am doing. And I am grateful for their support.
What is great about forums like these is that, in situations like ours, (we are travelling alone ) I don't have to feel alone!

Please people do not feel obligated to send money!

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Una, I've just sent you £10 via Paypal ... please let me know how the little mites are getting on and/or a link to your facebook page when it's up and running.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
a tad unfare on the wildman i think
If you're referring to me ... he was the one who started 'fishing' :D but it looks like I've caught at least a tiddler! :xgrin:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Yay, oh soooooo pleased. Really struggling with money and would love to send enough to help them all, but I would love to send you ten pound too if that is ok.... Oh, sooooooo soooooo happy that your caught her... Happy happy happy. Will you send me your email address please or whatever it is you do to do Paypal. I don't have Paypal but have a friend who does so will give them the ten pounds. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
She is now reunited with her pups! I have to start some kind of fundraising to keep them in foster care and cover their vet bills till they find homes!
Please will you keep informed especially of the little white one? I would appreciate that. Thank you. xx

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I did think you were a little hard on the man, but then i allready knew of his kindness to animals which presumably you didn't. Still no real harm done hes a big boy

:xwink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back