Rally Chat Stratford show discrimination against the workers and Families (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
First of all I love Stratford upon Avon.

Probably the best show there is in all the calender and Nikki and I haven't missed one in what? 10 years?

We love the fact that it's on for the week and previously when it fell in Whit week it was great to take the kids away for the whole week.
However, now for this trip it's the Friday & Saturday night for us and it comes out at a whopping £24 per night.

so Up the workers and Up the ones with kids, it's a rip off,

come the camper revolution and my promotion to the head of the Motorhome fraternity and it's the retired that will be footing the bill for us workers.

rant ends

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
And I was moaning that it's gone up from £54 a week to £76.50..

I remember when it fitted in with the school holidays, our grandkids had a great weeks holiday and met many new people that were camped around us..

Up the revolution... and glad i'm retired....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Us retirees were workers once . . . . I've done my 37 year shift.
Lucky you :)
I left school to be told I will have to do 49 years. Bloody liars :mad: it's now 51 at least.
Should have took a local authority job if I'd have known about final salary pensions but he ho too late now

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I feel for you workers but as we're allergic to 99.9% of all children am quite glad it's not in the holidays ;)

Of course being unemployed (albeit by choice) the rise in price was a bit of a shock to us too :D

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Lucky you :)
I left school to be told I will have to do 49 years. Bloody liars :mad: it's now 51 at least.
Should have took a local authority job if I'd have known about final salary pensions but he ho too late now

Not lucky i.m.o. . . I simply planned to retire @ 55 when I was 18 & never had L.A. employment, but did invest in my future with pensions :)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Us retirees were workers once . . . . I've done my 37 year shift.
Yep 44years and retired early. Keep working; your taxes are paying Dawn's pension (I've got 4 years to wait....)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's the same everywhere Paul.. . attractions, museums, shows, we get shafted.. they see us a cash cows..

I have given up .. lots of places we used to visit have now hiked the prices to the point it's daylight robbery..

Only last week, Chaz was at the Suffolk Show with the Army Cadets .. they help out with marshalling etc.. so they do this for three nights and two days.. FREE .. gratis.. at the end of the show they are given a show rosette .. wow.. ..

we were going to visit then checked the price.. almost £50 for a day pass + parking fee .. to visit a farmer showing off his prize bullocks, toffs show jumping.. with traders ripping us off .. :rolleyes:

no way .. stick the shows and attractions where the sun don't shine.. plenty of free natural attractions.. well, at the moment.. beaches and hills will soon be taxed and charged to use .. :mad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Example.. how prices have gone up..

Oban Sea Life Sanctuary ..

we took the kids there when they were young.. maybe 25 years ago, we were camping , and not rich so it couldn't have been expensive.. it's quite interesting and educational, especially for the kids..

Was going to revisit the last time we were in Oban... Todays price.. at the door , family of four £42 .. :eek:

It's nice to see seals being fed and look at the fish swimming in the tanks.. but if you spend an hour there you would be getting bored..

I look at prices not on face value, but to see if they are good value for money.. how long will the attraction last.. 1 hour , half or a whole day

an all-day attraction like a swimming pool or water park is not cheap, but generally GVFM .. watching seals being fed is not .. I can see fish being fed at the local garden centre

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015

we took the kids there when they were young.. maybe 25 years ago, we were camping , and not rich so it couldn't have been expensive.. it's quite interesting and educational, especially for the kids..

Was going to revisit the last time we were in Oban... Todays price.. at the door , family of four £42 .. :eek:

It's nice to see seals being fed and look at the fish swimming in the tanks.. but if you spend an hour there you would be getting bored..

I look at prices not on face value, but to see if they are good value for money.. how long will the attraction last.. 1 hour , half or a whole day

an all-day attraction like a swimming pool or water park is not cheap, but generally GVFM .. watching seals being fed is not .. I can see fish being fed at the local garden centre

For £1.00 you can but a little tub of fish food and feed the Koi yourself at one local garden centre. The kids love it, especially when this huge koi comes over to them. Tests their courage no end! But totally gree with all the comments. It's damn expensive taking the kids out these days!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We had a look at the sea life place at Rhyl when we were there recently. It took us several minutes to actually find the prices because they weren't displayed anywhere obvious. When we got very close to the cash desk we found out why. I can't remember what they were but very expensive and only shown on a small notice in small type.

Contrast that with the National Media Museum at Bradford, which we visited 2 and a half weeks ago. Fascinating place and totally free apart from a suggested donation of £3 each which they didn't push (other than several notices).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This Motorboat Museum was near us when we lived in Basildon.. it was great place to visit and free entry.. but also had a donation box.

just looked and it is now closed.. and the boat collection has gone to the USA .. perhaps it ran out of funds.. who knows..

now that is sad.. a small entry fee may have saved it.. but that is pure speculation

still has a web site

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I was in Norfolk last week and I was struck by how expensive some of the stately homes / museums were- £12-£15 a head for an adult and a bit less for children. We went to some place with loads of tanks and stuff which was good but for 4 adults and a child I think it cost me £66. We were probably only there for an hour and a half.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
This reminds me of when we went on a trip to something similar with our three. The twins had just turned 3 , Jacob was 5. Isabel and Isaac were in a double buggy . Good walkers , but we knew they'd be tired later and could always get them in free if they were in it.
When we went to pay I said 2adults and one child.
The lady said
" are they under three? "
I replied
" oh yes they are two years old "
Isabel piped up.
" no I'm not mummy , I'm 3 ! "
The lady just laughed and let us through........:blush:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono