Strange (water pump) (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Went outside and heard noise from van sounding like the water pump oh no ai think. Run inside grab keys open up van no water running not from taps anyhow. I turned on kitchen tap worked fine turned off pump stopped so I am baffled.

Any ideas good people

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think on ours the pump runs for a few seconds every now and then to keep the system pressurised so that when you open a tap there is water immediately.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Air lock in the pump, but with no water movement there is no way to clear this. As soon as you open the tap water flows and fills the pump clearing the air lock

I usually drain the water system down when we return back and refil just before we set off again, had a few instances of this, when we have re filled and the system has some air trapped stopping the build up of pressure to stop the pump so it runs until switched off. Our pump has a clear cover over the filter so it is i easy to see the air trapped and how opening a tap clears this air lock as the filter fills with water

Most water pumps will happily run for long periods and also will run dry so probably no damage done..

Adrian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
probably a small leak in the system.. line presume drops and pump kicks in..

I always switch the pump off when vacating the van..

I once had the top of a kitchen tap blow off in the RV.. lucky we were there, the water was hitting the roof...
if we had been out it would have emptied the tank into the van.. all 350lt

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back