Strange Request ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2014
Nr Whitby north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
This may be too much to ask but wonder if any funster in reasonable proximity to us (YO22 5DP) would consider putting their motorhome on our drive to actually see how realistic a proposition it would be? In theory it would work but it is often different in practice and it would be far too late to discover the impracticality after we have purchased one.
Obviously we will pay for diesel etc so you would not be out of pocket and realise that the weather at the moment may put people off(no snow here but its really cold )

OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Think you will need to post a little more info.
Max length etc...
SORRY ! went off to make lunch intending to measure up after -husband helpfully decided to press "post" before I had finished !a clear case of "premature posting" if ever there was one !!! anyway thanks so much for your prompt reply Pappajohn but sadly you are too big as the space is only 28ft long by 9ft 6 wide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
At 28ft x 9ft6in (between gateposts?) I can't see a problem for most vans unless the access to your drive is at an obscure angle to the road or is on a gradient (van may ground out)

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Our MH measures 29ft long including the tow bar. 28ft 7 1/2inches without the tow bar.
I don't mind having a run over from Stokesley to have a go.
It might give you some perspective on what size MH you need/want/require. ;)

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for replies-we have no gateposts,just right or left turn from the road
we are on the right hand side looking from the top of the hill
From memory some of those houses have an upwards slope on the drive...the other side is level.
If so you may have a grounding problem.

But I could be wrong

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Our MH measures 29ft long including the tow bar. 28ft 7 1/2inches without the tow bar.
I don't mind having a run over from Stokesley to have a go.
It might give you some perspective on what size MH you need/want/require. ;)
thank you for your offer it sounds like a plan! we will need to arrange a time and go for it -its up to you when it is convenient and weather permitting across the moor.

Upvote 0

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
If your considering a smaller unit and have difficulty with 29ft, were in wakefield and have a dethleffs at 7.3m

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Thanks for your reply,we are grateful for any input,at least if drive proves unsuitable we can stop all the indecision and think about some other adventure before is too late ! Hope Knokinonabit may give it a try as Stokesley is not that far from Sleights and Wakefield is a lot further to travel.If it was later on in the year it would be easy for someone to stop off before heading to Whitby as we're only at the bottom of BlueBank (first left between Eskdale Fisheries and the church) maybe we'll have to wait !

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi neesyanne,
Not much use me volunteering, I'm 250 miles away! Great responses from the others though.

What is it you're worried about? You have plenty of room for a reasonably sized van. Room to open the doors too :)

I agree though; it's one thing to measure up, quite another when you see it in the flesh so to speak. Are you worried about the neighbours?
Whatever it is, don't let it put you off too much. It's a great lifestyle and there's plenty to enjoy. Just imagine a lovely MH parked on your drive, all plugged in to your mains and charging up, ready for that planned trip. Few other adventures of yours will rival it!

Good luck
James

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Hi neesyanne,
Not much use me volunteering, I'm 250 miles away! Great responses from the others though.

What is it you're worried about? You have plenty of room for a reasonably sized van. Room to open the doors too :)

I agree though; it's one thing to measure up, quite another when you see it in the flesh so to speak. Are you worried about the neighbours?
Whatever it is, don't let it put you off too much. It's a great lifestyle and there's plenty to enjoy. Just imagine a lovely MH parked on your drive, all plugged in to your mains and charging up, ready for that planned trip. Few other adventures of yours will rival it!

Good luck

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Thanks for your reply,we are grateful for any input,at least if drive proves unsuitable we can stop all the indecision and think about some other adventure before is too late ! Hope Knokinonabit may give it a try as Stokesley is not that far from Sleights and Wakefield is a lot further to travel.If it was later on in the year it would be easy for someone to stop off before heading to Whitby as we're only at the bottom of BlueBank (first left between Eskdale Fisheries and the church) maybe we'll have to wait !

Let me know when it is convenient for you (and there is no snow and ice :)) and I will pop over.
It will be an excuse for a drive out anyway. ;) (y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Thanks so much please just give us a ring when it suits you-most days I can rearrange things as it's you who are doing us the favour 01947 811887

I will try and get over this coming week as the weather doesn't look scary :happy:
It will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday. I will keep in touch.

I will send you a pm with my details. (y)

Upvote 0

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
So?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What happened?

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Due to very personal problems they had to postpone.
The offer is still open should they be in a position to accept it.
Other than that I would not like to say anymore.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back