Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
I have a compass avantgarde on a 2litre peugeot boxer on an 05 plate and at no particular time speed or gear I get a couple of beeps which apear to come from the dash area. anyone got any idea what it might be. also how do you reset the service spanner as its only done 9000 miles and been serviced quite a few times.

thanks

terry

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You will need to get the service shedule reset at a garage - they should have done that when they serviced it really.

Is the oil overfilled? Check the display when it beeps - you may have oil high or similar displayed. These modern engines have sensors, and need to be exact.

Thats all I can think of for the moment!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have a compass avantgarde on a 2litre peugeot boxer on an 05 plate and at no particular time speed or gear I get a couple of beeps which apear to come from the dash area. anyone got any idea what it might be. also how do you reset the service spanner as its only done 9000 miles and been serviced quite a few times.

thanks

terry

My current Boxer and my older one both had a beep for speed. I had them set to beep at 70 mph. It reminded me if I was getting too heavy on my right foot. Maybe that is your beep. Does anyhing show on your dash display?
For the service warning try this. Works on a lot of Peugeots including Boxers..

1. Switch the Ignition Off

2. Press and hold the tripmeter (mileage reset) button on the dash

3. Now switch the ignition to the ON position

4. Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds

5. The display will read '0' and the service symbol will extinguish. Job done.

Hope this helps....:thumb:

Callum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you have the radio on when you hear the beeps? On our 04 Autoquest we get beeps when the radio is retuning to the strongest signal (RDS? I think).

Turning off the service warning is a black art. I've tried several different methods each of which seems to work sometimes and not work at others. We no longer worry about the spanner :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No idea about the beeps but Callum is spot on re service interval light :thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Another version;
Switch Ign on (do not start engine)
Set Odometer to read total miles.
Press Odometer Button (OB) until CFG1 appears in display
Release the OB.
Pressing the OB briefly will change between CFG1, CFG2, CFG3, CFG1
Once you have selected the CFG (see below).
Press the OB again for 5 sec’s to store the new service frequency.
Turn off the ignition.

I selected CFG1 for my vehicle (05 Reg 2.8JTD), but you must decide yourself for your vehicle, should take 5mins to read this and carry out the resetting procedure

Note: If your vehicle is under warranty and you take it to be serviced by a Fiat dealer they will do this as part of the service.

CFG1 = 30000km (18,600mi) and 365 days in cases of Standard Use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions, or in the case of Severe Use for the 2.3JTD versions.

CFG2 = 20000km (12,500mi) and 365 days in case of Standard Use for 2.0JTD versions, or in case of severe use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions

CFG3 = 15000km (9,300mi) and 365 days in case of Severe Use for 2.0JTD versions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back