LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
She's home - we will repack her tomorrow and on Monday and then have a trip to the weighbridge.

We have sites booked for the next two weekends - after that we are (early) retired. :)

Lots of family responsibilities but more time to fulfill the commitments and do a better job of it.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Great news really chuffed for you both.

Sounds like a great future for you. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Great news really chuffed for you both.

Sounds like a great future for you. ;)

Hope so..... we originally planned to retire at 55 but the stock market crashed along with part of the retirement savings. However its coming together now.... the only major issue is my parents' failing health and reliance on me.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Glad to hear that you've had a happy conclusion to what must have been quite a stressful few days..............:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
She's home - we will repack her tomorrow and on Monday and then have a trip to the weighbridge.

We have sites booked for the next two weekends - after that we are (early) retired. :)

Lots of family responsibilities but more time to fulfill the commitments and do a better job of it.
Enjoy your early retirement..... We have just done the same (y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Please allow me to try to explain to you duck tape guys out there! Assuming a roof light is 500mm square you buy a piece of board 7oomm square place over the roof light so it overlaps, then with a batten on the inside of the roof you drill though that and screw into the board on the outside. This is just a way of clamping the covering board down there is no requirement to drill into the roof at all.

Hope you can follow this.
I know exactly what you mean. I have done this myself when refitting a roof vent. It works well.
Phil

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Well we had chance to have a good look at the new rooflights today. They are a different design to the previous ones and look much more sturdy - as are the built in blinds.

I've put some of the stuff back in but won't do the cupboards for a day or two as it's a chance to re-organise. A trip to IKEA / Lakeland / Poundland / Pound Stretcher beacons I think... see if I can get dividers and organisers although the ones I've seen on websites look a bit big - and yes, I have measured up very carefully!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back