carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hello can any one help looking for storage in north shields newcastle area for a roadstar 786 can anyone help with ideas please, i have rung couple of companies but no spaces ? can or does any one now were i can keep by new baby any help would be greatfully reciceved.

Carl & Helen

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi we had the same problem last year,have you tried ringing round any farms in your area I eventually struck lucky by doing this,or maybe a small camp site a lot of Caravan club CL sites seem to have one or Two stored for people maybe if you ring round a few of them you can get the numbers on line for the c club and the Camping and caravan club-Best of luck-Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello Dave, thanks for the advice been to two sites today both CaSSOA gold 1st cost around £450 per year inside storage the other is outside storage and costs around £300 both have good points, dont know wether this is good bad ?? but need to choose i would like the motorhome inside storage but they want a spair set of keys kept on site ??

any advice be gratfull

Carl & Helen

Upvote 0

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carl & Helen,

They will need the keys to move the van if required, just take a note of the milage if you are worried about them using it and tell your insurance before you sign any contract.

Dave

Upvote 0

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
I have inside storage in Devon and pay £450 per year.

This includes keys to come and go as you wish and electric hook up on timer of 30 minutes per day just to keep the batteries topped up, though you can take the timer off if you just need to hoover it or plug something in while your working there.

I also get air compressor and a wash area and hose brush for the exterior and grey water drop area.

Can come and go as you please 7 days a week 8-8, outside of these times owner just requests you advise him so hes not running around wondering who it is at midnight.

I would say the prices you have been quoted are about right, specially if you get a good site.

I can understand the spare set of keys, as the fire risk on the insurance would probably ask for this, im surprised where i stop dont ask but hey.

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If it helps ease your mind here in the motor trade we have an insurance clause that reqs all vehicles in and on the premises, to have the keys at hand, fire and safty rules
No Keys No cover:Eeek:
Tinyk I would ask them if they should have them,or you could finish up in court with a very long protracted case if it were lost in fire, and his insurance have the same rules and refuse pay out
Geo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the advice all feel a little better about paying that for storage now !! but there are other plus point out of weather the offer a valet service after you bring your van home full wash and had wax even the roof so lets ge it booked i say !!:thumb:

Carl & Helen

Upvote 0
C

Christena

Deleted User
We have used The Storage House at North Shields for our Motorhome now for 3 years. They are good, and we have had no issues with them at all.

Michael, who runs the site is quite a character.
0191 263 9645

They are members of CaSSOA

Just tell him Chris with the Hobby Motorhome recommended him..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back