Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, has anyone any recommendations for a small waterproof tent, needed to hang wet coats and wet muddy shoes.

Many thanks

OP
OP
Mrs Matt on wheels

Mrs Matt on wheels

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
Ah thank you both, I was expecting smaller.... but they are both great, we could keep the chairs in there too. Now this may be a silly question.... do you have to pay to put a tent up, I'm guessing it's classed as an awning?

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Ah thank you both, I was expecting smaller.... but they are both great, we could keep the chairs in there too. Now this may be a silly question.... do you have to pay to put a tent up, I'm guessing it's classed as an awning?
We only use it if we are staying in one place more than three days, and class it as an awning, obviously pay accordingly if awnings are charged for.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Now this may be a silly question.... do you have to pay to put a tent up, I'm guessing it's classed as an awning?

I wouldn't expect to be charged because you're not sleeping in it. Some sites charge when it's used for that ('pup-tent') but in this case it's a utility tent.

I've been using an Outhouse XL Handi (like the one Brisey recommends, but with a tunnel to attach to my campervan) for the last 5+ years, and it's often used to dry clothes/towels/boots.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
This is what we use - if you don't mind the colour! :eek:

Link Removed

<Broken link removed>

Used the same for 3-4Yrs, survived 70mph winds, just blows flat them springs back.
Has 2 entrances so in bad weather/winter we pitch one right up against the van door, ideal for taking off wet waking gear in the dry and then easy access into the van.

Tent.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I bought the screen house 4 excellent and not too big. Just the right size for chairs and washing etc. Think the sides are a must. I did get charged at one site as they said it was an awning.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mrs Matt on wheels

Mrs Matt on wheels

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you all for your help. I think a slightly larger one will be better for us, my children do seem to generate a lot of washing! Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back