Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
We will be taking delivery of our Bailey Approach SE760 next month and whilst it will fit on the drive there will be no room for the cars, so need storage. Can anyone give me some names & numbers for SE London/Kent areas?

Thanks
Jackie

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Medway Bridge Marina in Rochester have a secure storage facility.

You will need to google for the number

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
in Tunbridge Wells

In Tunbridge Wells just off the A21 on the Longfield retail park there is a yellow box? storage and they have outdoor secure storage that allows access from 6 a.m see a few catering trailers and box trailers in the yard.. might be worth a try.. easy access of the main road... not cheap as I asked them when I was looking at a larger RV than I could get on my drive.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
It might be worth trying the Caravan Club at Abbey Wood. There used to be a long waiting list but I believe a lot of vans left after the introduction of the LEZ. There is also the C & CC site at Canterbury they have storage. There is very little storage in North Kent. We have our van stored but have been told that there is no planning permission for the storage facilites. We are now panicking as are the other 45 vehicles that are stored with ours.

If you find something let us know as we will be looking as well. I could always rent you our drive which is where we did store our van until the lez came in. :ROFLMAO:

Sonja

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Canterbury is not easy

It might be worth trying the Caravan Club at Abbey Wood. There used to be a long waiting list but I believe a lot of vans left after the introduction of the LEZ. There is also the C & CC site at Canterbury they have storage. There is very little storage in North Kent. We have our van stored but have been told that there is no planning permission for the storage facilites. We are now panicking as are the other 45 vehicles that are stored with ours.

If you find something let us know as we will be looking as well. I could always rent you our drive which is where we did store our van until the lez came in. :ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Having stayed there in the past... is a nice site.. but the storage is not that easy and if I recall they have to get it in and out... plus the entrance road to the site is not easy...

There is a place top of Pole Hill near Knockholt just off the M25 (Orpington exit) down from the Pole Hill garden centre before the hill starts proper and before the entrance to the Ministry of Defence Fort Halstead.. seism to have a few bus's and an odd camper there.. has a metal gate, but not sure how secure and the ground looks a bit rough.

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We store our van at Abbey Wood.:thumb:

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie

Sonja

What is the LEZ????

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
LEZ - Low Emission Zone

Check it out on the TFL website.

Type in your vehicle reg and it will tell you if your van is compliant or not.

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ha ha ha, as someone who has to pay the congestion charge on a daily basis cos the company van goes into London, I should have know this.
Thanks, will give it a go.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought everyone knew what the LEZ was

LEZ - Low Emission Zone

Check it out on the TFL website.

Type in your vehicle reg and it will tell you if your van is compliant or not.

I really thought everyone knew what the LEZ was... boy he must have lived a sheltered life... if you have an older diesel motorhome you may find you cannot come in to or out of the London area without a big fine. Much debated on here over the last few years.

Modern diesels comply, it is just some of the secondhand older models... but as said if you enter the reg number on the TfL site (Transport for London) then you will know if you meet the regulations.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back