Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Having just downsized from a 7m. Coachbuilt with "through and through" storage under a rear transverse bed (i.e. a small garage), we need to be a bit smarter with storage. There's no reason we can't take all the same stuff with us as before. The key point is keeping it all accessible.
The new van has quite a big area under the transverse rear bed, and the obvious answer, well, obvious to me anyway, is stacking boxes that can be slid in and out independently of the boxes above or below them.
But as always, I'm sure there's loads of Funsters with similar vans who have worked out there own clever ways of storing and accessing, any advice would be welcome.
Cheers,

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Our pvc is 6mtrs we took out the shelf under the bed and stack stuff in collapsible crates most accessible from inside.
We also have a large storage under one end of bed where we keep stuff we only use now and again.
Now been away in it for two months no problem at all!
My manager has re arranged a couple of times.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I have a variety of boxes depending on how long we are going for and a couple of folding open crates. The boxes are at the back and contain the likes of bike helmets and other not so often used stuff. The crates are at the front and contain stuff like shoes that are needed more regularly. At the back I also have one of those little plastic storage units (3 drawers). Top drawer contains elec stuff (hook up adapters) and gas fittings, the second drawer water connection fittings and the third drawer other useful bits, screwdrivers, spanners, tape etc etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Storage is a bit of a problem in a PVC after having a coach built van but by doing my own I create some vertical storage between the transverse bed and the back doors.
20150830_125146.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back