Storage found.... newcomers now just need a motorhome to put in it! (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Well, where do I start! Hello I suppose is a good beginning!!

We experienced our first Motorhome trip in March, driving one back from Italy to the UK and have decided that we now want to own one! Been to Peterborough, and have seen a used Pilote which took our fancy, but also a Knaus, Carthage and an Auto Trail!! Decisions, decisions. Not wanting to rush into things and need to make sure we make the right choice. Things we must have: island bed, garage. Would like 3.0litre engine.... aside from that!! So armed with our little list, I am obsessively browsing the internet! :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Might be an idea to try and decide whether A class or Coachbuilt first - this will narrow your choices down considerably. We have a Pilote G742 with island bed, 3 litre and garage so if you want any 'end user' opinions just PM me.
welcome animated smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

We experienced our first Motorhome trip in March, driving one back from Italy to the UK and have decided that we now want to own one! Been to Peterborough, and have seen a used Pilote which took our fancy, but also a Knaus, Carthage and an Auto Trail!! Decisions, decisions. Not wanting to rush into things and need to make sure we make the right choice. Things we must have: island bed, garage. Would like 3.0litre engine.... aside from that!! So armed with our little list, I am obsessively browsing the internet! :)
When you say you drove one from Italy, was it the scheme to bring new mhs here, it was discussed on here a while ago but no one had done it, if it was how did it go, I'm sure a lot on here would be interested?(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Henry The Navigator
Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Yes we brought one back from the factory. Great trip and will definitely do it again. I would imagine most motorhome hire companies do such a scheme

OP
OP
Henry The Navigator
Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks all, looking forward to spending some money!! not sure if it will be beginning or the end of the summer holidays.

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015

Nowt wrong with a jolly good browse, the more you do it, the more you learn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Henry The Navigator
Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Nowt wrong with a jolly good browse, the more you do it, the more you learn.
thanks for that, well we have taken the plunge and bought an ex hire motorhome and are really looking forward to collecting it on Saturday.... will post once we have it!! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back