Storage for motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mike mcglynn, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi,just a general question to those who store their vans how much does it cost for a year mine has just gone up to £450 a year its a fenced compound outside ,in an industrial park the good thing is its only 20 mins walk away ,I have got room on my drive but I dont really want to keep it there but if it goes up much more I may have to :Eeek:

2. OllieUK

OllieUK Read Only Funster

Mines in inside storeage I will only use it 6 months at £14 a week. 5 mins walk away.

3. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Mike, my storage is outside at a farm but there is a locked gate and ctv tv .. it is approx £350 pa and is ten mins drive up East Lancs. If you want info pm me. Joy

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Mine is in secure storage at £425pa but is 15miles away which is not very convenient.

5. New Dawn

New Dawn Funster

Storage.

Hi mike.
    We use a place just outside of Nantwich. Cassoa gold registered. £250 for the year. That's for a 7.5mtr motorhome. The name of it is Cockshades based at Shavington. If you go to the Cassoa site, there all listed.
    Good luck. Bill

6. busby

busby Funster

Mine is parked on the car park behind my flat, costs me nothing. BUSBY:BigGrin:

7. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

i looked into putting my motorhome into a gold standard secure site a few miles away from my house a while ago and was quoted about £400 a year . the weird thing was that even though the site itself was like fort knox it was {as far as my insurance company was concerned}situated in a higher crime rated postcode than my own home . therefore my premium would have to go up £150 pa compared to keeping it on my drive behind locked gates !!! regards garry

8. Angus dog

Angus dog

Your query encouraged me to make enquiries about storage in NI.I spoke to the dealer from whom we bought earlier this year :£50 per quarter on secure premises.I have to check with my insurer whether there would be any additional premium but it sounds like good value to me.

9. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

If you can fit it on your drive why pay for storage ?
    Mines at home where I can keep my eye on it ,saves any worry about what might be happening !

Vlad

10. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Mike lives near me and believe me I sat up half the night worrying. I had bricks thrown at it, on the roof near the solar panel .... scratches ... it was costing me a fortune to have it seen to. Jealous neighbours are the worst vandals anyone can have.:Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Such people are w&nkers,if anyone did that to me I'd find out who it was and make them pay!
    A good reason to use storage though,:thumb:

Vlad

• Like Like x 2
  12. lilac lill

lilac lill

Madge is on a Cassoa Gold place, outdoor storage at £300 per year - was the same price last year also.

13. Busman

Busman Funster

Going to see a place on the Wirral Friday, £300pa Walking distance from were I live.

14. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

About £340 pa, very secure site but not CASSOA registered, about 7 miles from home. Took ages to get a spot there.

15. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

£250/year on a local farm. No space at our cottage.

• Like Like x 1
  16. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Cassoa Gold outdoor storage at Don Amott Leisureworld. Around £350 a year. I had ours at home for a few years and our shared driveway plus the steep angle (overhang hits on the road) and the fact that I really wasn't keen that all the neighbours and locals knew when we were away, meant it had little to no use for years.......:Eeek: So moved to storage now and aim to start using it much more, soon.

17. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I'll probably get shot down in flames for this, but my RMB (when I get it in a few weeks) will go into storage 30 minutes drive from where we live, in a heated and fully insured undercover compound.

The cost is £25/week, but I won't have to worry about frost, emptying water tanks or damp when not being used. And they put the batteries on trickle charge whilst there. And run the engine regularly if not used. And because it'll be fully insured by the storage company whilst there, there's a potential saving there. Well, maybe.

I've looked around a lot and just can't reconcile the lower cost of anywhere else compared to what this storage location offers.

And I hope / like to think my RMB is worth it.

I suppose time will tell if it's a good decision.

Oh yes, don't have space on the drive. We own four cars and can't bear to part with any of them to make room. :Doh:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  18. oldmanriver

oldmanriver Read Only Funster

compound in Rochester kent about £400 per year, if you keep it at home, everybody knows when you are on holiday and your home is empty, very interesting to burgulars

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

OMG , I pay £840 here on a cc storage site , mind you, it is near central London. I do sleep better knowing its tucked up safe . My old van was parked outside and I was never able to sleep soundly, every noise I was up looking :Eeek:

20. jacks girls

jacks girls Read Only Funster

Mines in a cassoa gold site, only about £200 per year and means I can now get in my garage:BigGrin:however it is also less obvious as people have said when you are away. However the drawback for me is the collecting/leaving as I don't have another driver, took her back to storage unit yesterday and it took three hours and involved a train a taxi and a 2 mile walk!

• Like Like x 1