Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Really sorry to hear this, it is one of the worries I had as our motorhome is also squeezed in between 2 caravans with no more than about 1 foot either side also being 8 metres in length I stick out about 3ft in front of the rest of the caravans in our row. Not ideal but it's only 1/2 mile from home and they only had 3 spaces available when we applied in March and the other 2 were right at the furthest end of the compound which I wasn't happy about.
Hope you get it sorted and find some where else that's suitable for you, thanks for sharing info.
Andy
You must live fairly near us then @ANDY400R .
We gave up our spot K47 in December. We werent happy how tightly packed the vans were among other things. Thankfull our unit was unharmed in the year we were there.
We have never been convinced with regards to the security and cameras where the vans are actually parked. Not convinced that undesirables couldnt get to the vans on fooot from the fields behind.
As for the owners reputation- we thought he was just a shrewd old boy who had made a lot of money from renting out units and parking spaces as he does. Not sure what @GWAYGWAY has heard.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Having emailed 3 sites to find out their charges .... all contacted via the Cossa site contact form... none have responded which is sad.
OK, not got a MH yet but would like to know the costs as a guide.
We only have a 7m drive so severely limits us on MH size so even at 7.1m we would need storage so might as well go bigger :snigger:

Does anyone use a Cossa Gold site and if so what is the going rate?

TIA
Chris

If you can fit a 7m van on your drive, I'd seriously consider a van that would fit. It's got to be far more convenient. We keep ours on the drive and we can pack and unpack it anytime at our leisure and do any little jobs that need doing. I guess you get used to storage but it seems a bit of extra hassle to me if you have other options. Having said that, I had no idea what the costs for storage would be and it seems pretty reasonable.

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I've been using the great Leigh's site for 9 years and the van(s) been fine but I have had "issues" with the owner. Last year he cancelled my swipe card because I hadn't returned a new signed agreement (exactly the same details as all previous years) even though they had cashed my cheque. He didn't care that we had been away for 2 months! It cost me £50 to get reinstated!
Had to bite my tongue somewhat
On the positive side, on a couple of occasions when I've met people there out of hours & waited for them at the 1st gate, someone has always come out as we approached the 2nd gate to check who they were.
Just make sure you abide by his petty rules and you will be fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris172
Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
BL Caravans. They're in Weldon and the storage site is along the road just before you get to Upper Benefield.

I'm pretty sure they have spaces.
Just had an email back... Storage for 23 ft is £290.00 per year which includes £20.00 key deposit and £5.00 Registration Fee.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You must live fairly near us then @ANDY400R .
We gave up our spot K47 in December. We werent happy how tightly packed the vans were among other things. Thankfull our unit was unharmed in the year we were there.
We have never been convinced with regards to the security and cameras where the vans are actually parked. Not convinced that undesirables couldnt get to the vans on fooot from the fields behind.
As for the owners reputation- we thought he was just a shrewd old boy who had made a lot of money from renting out units and parking spaces as he does. Not sure what @GWAYGWAY has heard.
I have heard WHAT about WHAT?? do not remember commenting on anything in particular.
Maybe I did but the memory is not as good as it was yesterday and the day before!!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just had an email back... Storage for 23 ft is £290.00 per year which includes £20.00 key deposit and £5.00 Registration Fee.

I'll dig out my last invoice when I get a moment. I don't pay that much.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
I have heard WHAT about WHAT?? do not remember commenting on anything in particular.
Maybe I did but the memory is not as good as it was yesterday and the day before!!

This is what you said : The owner has quite a reputation, so we decided to just swallow for now and move at the end of this contract period - but as you're probably aware, we aren't particularly awash with storage compounds in this area.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Methinks not! I have my own secure parking area and it is guarded by CCTV, Alarms,double locked gates, 6ft brick walls and a vicious guardwife. I have never commented on a parking area as I have never used one. You probably got the wrong handle/ avatar

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Methinks not! I have my own secure parking area and it is guarded by CCTV, Alarms,double locked gates, 6ft brick walls and a vicious guardwife. I have never commented on a parking area as I have never used one. You probably got the wrong handle/ avatar
Oops apologies! Just seen my mistake. Hope the guardwife doesnt get me!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ours is in a cassoa site we are charged 250.00 a year ,it has an area for washing your van ,its got cctv and two gates and fenced behind a ditch

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Oops apologies! Just seen my mistake. Hope the guardwife doesnt get me!
You would not feel a thing, it would be instant death if she caught anyone trying to nick the new one.
Who said what you attributed to me?

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
You would not feel a thing, it would be instant death if she caught anyone trying to nick the new one.
Who said what you attributed to me?
Gizmouk. But he doesnt appear to have been back on this thread since

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
9m MH £500 per year under cover in a Cassoa gold site, Rainford St Helens. Access by electronic key 365 days a year; CCTV etc etc.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
We are in a CASSOA gold site which costs £25 per month. My insurance company said that because it was a GOLD site they would cover the contents of the van as well.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I use Cardiff Self Storage;

http://www.cardiffselfstorage.co.uk/caravans---motorhomes

They are rated GOLD CaSSOA, so I get discount on my van insurance.

Security is very good, facilities seem excellent to me;

24 unlimited access.
Van Identity Card that you have to show when taking van off site.
Van washing points, including stands to make it easyto clean the roof.
Grey water drain.
Black water dump.
Allocated space.
Gas sales on site.
Water hose to fill water tank.
Lots of other friendly owners, advice readily available.

My van is 7.3 metres.

I pay £133 per quarter.

derek chilton

Free Member
Feb 5, 2017
leigh on sea
Funster No
MH
timberland renault
Exp
14 years
i i park my van on a cossa site in danbury essex its still quite high at £500 per year its ok but limited access

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Our storage site is Cassoa Gold (I think). Its £190 a year, in south Norfolk. Before we chose this site I contacted Cassoa with a question, got an answer straight away so I would try them again.

Paul
Hi, can you tell me where that storage area is please. I'm going to need somewhere at the end of July for a while. I'm near Snetterton so south Norfolk would be ideal. Thanks.
Antony.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, can you tell me where that storage area is please. I'm going to need somewhere at the end of July for a while. I'm near Snetterton so south Norfolk would be ideal. Thanks.
Antony.

Hi Antony

You have a couple of choices living in Snetterton (I used to live in East Harling). We originally kept our van at A11 Secure Storage at Great Ellingham. Its cheap but a nightmare having to deal with the mud and massive potholes in the driveway, best avoided.

The one we use now is Moneytree Farm at Wretham, reasonably near you. It seems very secure and all the parking is on hardcore so no problem with getting stuck. They don't have a website but they have an entry on the cassoa.co.uk website.

I have sent you a PM with some more details.

Paul

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If you can store it at home you might find you use it more. :)
It dosent seem to work that way with boats, John. Those at the bottom of gardens never get used. o_O

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
We pay about £470 for a gold site in the North Cotswolds. That's for a roomy outside pitch on hard standing on a site with with electronic gates. High fences are surrounded by farmland and the only way in goes past the farmhouse kitchen window.
On the same site as you and pay £442 a year or £8.5 per week. Nice to say that the site and access has undergone continual improvement over the years. It's good to see that the owners have put money into it to make it ever more secure.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We store near Market Drayton for £25 per month...it's secure and not visible from the road...and access is past the farmhouse window.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
i i park my van on a cossa site in danbury essex its still quite high at £500 per year its ok but limited access

I realise this post is a year old but when I saw Danbury and Cassoa, alarms bells rang.

I’m hoping it’s not the same facility we were parked at for the last 5 years, now £600 per year.

The one with containers stacked 3 high that topple over in the wind and crush caravans, the one that has waste skip trucks racing up and down, juggernauts parked all over the place, a car scrap and repair yard on a mammoth scale, nails, screws and broken glass mixed into the hardcore, Customs and Excise raids, Police raids, lots of broken promises and definitely no Cassoa renewal.

The total disregard for people’s property and deliberate actions have forced many to seek alternative storage for their precious MH’s and Caravans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back