Storage Costs (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Having emailed 3 sites to find out their charges .... all contacted via the Cossa site contact form... none have responded which is sad.
OK, not got a MH yet but would like to know the costs as a guide.
We only have a 7m drive so severely limits us on MH size so even at 7.1m we would need storage so might as well go bigger :snigger:

Does anyone use a Cossa Gold site and if so what is the going rate?

TIA
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Having emailed 3 sites to find out their charges .... all contacted via the Cossa site contact form... none have responded which is sad.
OK, not got a MH yet but would like to know the costs as a guide.
We only have a 7m drive so severely limits us on MH size so even at 7.1m we would need storage so might as well go bigger :snigger:

Does anyone use a Cossa Gold site and if so what is the going rate?

TIA
Chris

It varies a lot.

It will be significantly cheaper where you are but in the London area it can be £700 -2000 per annum and most of them are full.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just under £400 here in Suffolk, and he's just doubled in size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Our storage site is Cassoa Gold (I think). Its £190 a year, in south Norfolk. Before we chose this site I contacted Cassoa with a question, got an answer straight away so I would try them again.

Paul

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I searched for quite a while before find our current site which cost £500 a year, the plots are so small I sometimes have a problem squeezing in to drive it out, hate to see a fire break out there.

We recently started using a C&CC CS site where they have parking, on enquiringly I was told they charge £150 a year, and motorhomes are kept in a locked compound.

Guess who's moving sites when the contract runs out at the end of this year..

Hymie.

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
We pay £549 in Somerset, but we have swipe card access 24 hrs a day and completely under cover,met here are about 160 of us and a long waiting listc

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We pay £549 in Somerset, but we have swipe card access 24 hrs a day and completely under cover,met here are about 160 of us and a long waiting listc

Thats expensive but worth it for what you are getting. The storage site we used to use was cheap but was really just a farmer's field with a fence round it, I nearly always got stuck in the mud.

Paul

OP
OP
Chris172
Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
It's only a short term thing while we sort out what we are doing...

Will try them again

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi Chris,We pay £34 per month but that's outside in a fenced secure spot surrounded by farmland with 24 hour security but when were not there some charmer parks his car on our spot,:cool: caught him out last time

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
CASSOA acceditation may help reduce your insurance premium a bit, but it could also add to the storage cost.

Our first site was CASSOA silver rated and on a farm but access hours were limited, it was a 50 mile round trip from home, and there was only one gate into the compound, which anyone could drive up to. The miserable sods also insisted on us paying a couple of months extra rental after we'd given notice to leave. They didn't provide us with T&Cs when we signed up with them.

Our current site didn't seek CASSOA accreditation, but it has an automated security gate before you reach the gated MH compound, CCTV, 24/7 access and is a 12 mile round trip from home. It costs a bit less per month too. The savings we make more than offset the increased insurance premium and their contract is very clear cut. They're part of a larger storage/removal business.

Might be worth looking at non-CASSOA sites? They're not all bad.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ours is a Gold site and the van is under cover with hook up etc, but its just shy of £2k a year.

It makes me feel sick to be honest.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ours lives on a Gold site in Northamptonshire which costs less than £200 per year. I can remember exactly but I think it's about 170 or 180.

@magicsurfbus depending on the value of the van some insurers only accept Cassoa sites.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I searched for quite a while before find our current site which cost £500 a year, the plots are so small I sometimes have a problem squeezing in to drive it out, hate to see a fire break out there.

We recently started using a C&CC CS site where they have parking, on enquiringly I was told they charge £150 a year, and motorhomes are kept in a locked compound.

Guess who's moving sites when the contract runs out at the end of this year..

Hymie.
Are you on the site near Gt Leighs per chance ?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
£490 a year on a COSSA "Gold" site in central Essex
Spaces are tight. And, due to a recent issue - we'll be looking for other storage at the end of this contract term

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic whereabouts in Northants? I'm a local too m'duck.

BL Caravans. They're in Weldon and the storage site is along the road just before you get to Upper Benefield.

I'm pretty sure they have spaces.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We pay about £470 for a gold site in the North Cotswolds. That's for a roomy outside pitch on hard standing on a site with with electronic gates. High fences are surrounded by farmland and the only way in goes past the farmhouse kitchen window.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Cassoa gold in Skegness £240 for the year with plenty of space between units

Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
£320 per year CASSOA site near Leigh, perimeter fence, electric gates, cctv and dogs.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
We pay £385 a year at cromwell storage at sibbertoft near market harborough
Yes we keep ours there too its a CASSOA gold, 24 hour swipe card access and has a wash bay.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yes we keep ours there too its a CASSOA gold, 24 hour swipe card access and has a wash bay.
You could well be parked near to us!!! chausson flash 10 next to the corner.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
£360 pa on a Cassoa Gold site in North Tyneside. Live on-site wardens, full wash & dump facilities, full CC coverage with keyfob access (restricted at night).

When I told the insurance they wanted to INCREASE premium by 70% as the postcode was allegedly a high risk area; seems they were only looking at the first half of the postcode. Had a "discussion" and they agreed no increase, but I still have to remind them at renewal time.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Spaces are tight. And, due to a recent issue - we'll be looking for other storage at the end of this contract term
We were at that Gt Leighs site. We had some work done to our driveway and now keep it at home saving a bundle. The guy was getting very greedy!

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I hope your recent issue isn't serious but would you care to share what it is as I think the storage site you are using is the same one as I have just signed up to and put my new and very shiny/expensive motorhome in. Hope I haven't made a big mistake.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I hope your recent issue isn't serious but would you care to share what it is as I think the storage site you are using is the same one as I have just signed up to and put my new and very shiny/expensive motorhome in. Hope I haven't made a big mistake.

We were parked on the end of a row - reason being to make it easier for the wife to take the MH out by herself once she's got the confidence to drive it.
We went to the compound to give it a bit of a clean up, only to find it'd been damaged. It's a classic - someone reversed round the corner too tight and caught it on the way round. I actually have no issues with that per se, as accidents happen. However, I would expect someone to put their hands up - report it to the office, and we'll deal with it like grown ups.
When we checked with the office, nothing had been reported. When we asked if we could view the "CCTV" we were told absolutely no chance. A heated discussion ensued culminating with them telling us that - if we didn't like it, we could go store our MH elsewhere. The owner has quite a reputation, so we decided to just swallow for now and move at the end of this contract period - but as you're probably aware, we aren't particularly awash with storage compounds in this area.
Got one quote for repair £1400 +vat, so called a favour off a friend (BBR - at the entrance to the compound), who'd doing it this coming week £420

I'm sure you'll be fine there, I'm just a "bit" p*****d off and bitter about it right now.

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Really sorry to hear this, it is one of the worries I had as our motorhome is also squeezed in between 2 caravans with no more than about 1 foot either side also being 8 metres in length I stick out about 3ft in front of the rest of the caravans in our row. Not ideal but it's only 1/2 mile from home and they only had 3 spaces available when we applied in March and the other 2 were right at the furthest end of the compound which I wasn't happy about.
Hope you get it sorted and find some where else that's suitable for you, thanks for sharing info.
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back