Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
Storage outside at my home in Bulgaria for caravans or motorhomes, 10 euro per week,near the Greek and Turkish borders (approx 22 miles)in private walled garden(half acre) and GSD guard dog.Stay over per night 5 Euro :thumb:

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
hi Barnybg
just wondered if that price for storage was right, it seems a lot. You can get good storage in France for about 150 euros a year.
Not been to Bulgaria ... yet
Violet

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
enterprising but wishful thinking I suspect. It is also an advert please contact Jim to get your status changed to that of a trader.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
Thanks for answering my post,the cost is based on the actual mileage to get to Bulgaria as its 1800+ miles,then same back !also saves time and energy,so saving fuel to and fro,just fly out pick it up and away you go, as to comparing to France...just over the channel,not far and probably many places to park and leave safe !AND its FRANCE....
Sorry Wildman,I am not a trader as yet,wish i was,so i suppose that makes me wishfull thinking lol.I just thought i was providing a safe place for long haul campers,now that YOU have pointed out i am in the wrong,then the MAN with the delete button,can or will do the business,otherwise if he thinks fit to leave......:thumb:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Barney.

How does Bulgaria react when someone takes a vehicle in and leaves without it.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I dread to think what the UK insurance companies will say when you tell them that your motorhome is in storage in someones backyard in Bulgaria.

OP
OP
B

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
Bulgaria,come and see !!

When travelling the World,you learn to live outside the box,meaning you learn to think differently.....perhaps take out BULGARIAN insurance (it is in the EU after all) sometimes better as it gives me a GREEN card,for all the countries my British insurance doesn't (Serbia/Turkey for example) as for Bulagaria,'thinking' or reacting about leaving your camper,why would they be concerned ?its at a private Bulgarian address,more problems being from UK ,as 'they or the Govt' dont live outside the box as yet,so dont know how to cope with fulltimers or people leaving vehicles abroad (although we are all in the EU ?) and they ask for s.o.r.n or export docs,unless you keep taxing,insuring and mot-ing in the UK,which to my thinking is ridiculous but fact,so ....i am saying that i live here,you can park up or stay here,when driving through,you can even leave it and fly home to return in a week ,month or year...that is up to you,and for you to work out.
I am not a trader or hotel,just someone trying to be helpful.in a foreign land,along way from home.
By the way,plastic surgery is very cheap here and is the norm !!! so is LPG conversions,mine cost ÂŁ300 complete new and fitted (carb model) injection costs ÂŁ600....the weather is superb from April to October and its still quite cheap here,oh and its part of the ancient silk road and entry to the East,loads of history dating back 7000 years,also roman architecture everywhere (Sparticus was a Bulgarian !)the Greeks were here 500 bc,the Ottomons ruled it for centuries,people visit from Europe,Turkey,Russia etc and many have either holiday homes or live here permanant. :thumb:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
I am not a trader or hotel,just someone trying to be helpful.in a foreign land,along way from home.
By the way,plastic surgery is very cheap here and is the norm !!
Is it just me? I love the correlation between ticking off detractors and suggesting plastic surgery. (is it to get the frown removed?)

More power to you my fellow Celt and don't worry about the nit pickers.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Blimey sounds like a good deal to me I store an RV in the states and it costs a hell of a lot more than that.

Good on ya mate :thumb:

Can't please em all :Doh:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Barnybg, thanks for the offer, one day I would like to take it up. :Smile: What town are you near?

Olley

Beemamike

Free Member
Sep 30, 2022
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Bulgaria,come and see !!

When travelling the World,you learn to live outside the box,meaning you learn to think differently.....perhaps take out BULGARIAN insurance (it is in the EU after all) sometimes better as it gives me a GREEN card,for all the countries my British insurance doesn't (Serbia/Turkey for example) as for Bulagaria,'thinking' or reacting about leaving your camper,why would they be concerned ?its at a private Bulgarian address,more problems being from UK ,as 'they or the Govt' dont live outside the box as yet,so dont know how to cope with fulltimers or people leaving vehicles abroad (although we are all in the EU ?) and they ask for s.o.r.n or export docs,unless you keep taxing,insuring and mot-ing in the UK,which to my thinking is ridiculous but fact,so ....i am saying that i live here,you can park up or stay here,when driving through,you can even leave it and fly home to return in a week ,month or year...that is up to you,and for you to work out.
By the way,plastic surgery is very cheap here and is the norm !!! so is LPG conversions,mine cost ÂŁ300 complete new and fitted (carb model) injection costs ÂŁ600....the weather is superb from April to October and its still quite cheap here,oh and its part of the ancient silk road and entry to the East,loads of history dating back 7000 years,also roman architecture everywhere (Sparticus was a Bulgarian !)the Greeks were here 500 bc,the Ottomons ruled it for centuries,people visit from Europe,Turkey,Russia etc and many have either holiday homes or live here permanant. :thumb:

Beemamike

Free Member
Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Storage outside at my home in Bulgaria for caravans or motorhomes, 10 euro per week,near the Greek and Turkish borders (approx 22 miles)in private walled garden(half acre) and GSD guard dog.Stay over per night 5 Euro :thumb:
Hello are you still offering storage at your home
Thanks
Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
This is a 2010 thread and the member last on forum in 2018 so I doubt you will get a response.

Unless you’re very very lucky.

But welcome đź‘Ť

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Can’t help I’m sorry, I only looked as I have associations with Bulgaria, but the people I know are in the Solistra area, way up north east

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
Hi Mike, a lot has changed since the OP advertised his services here. It is now becoming increasingly difficult to flout the vehicle laws / regulations in BG. You should know that the maximum time allowance in EU states for foreign vehicles is six months after which the vehicle has to be registered in the state visited. In order to register your vehicle in BG you will need to either take out residency or form a BG company which will be the official owner of the imported vehicle. Both options involve time and money costs. There are still foreigners here with vehicles that do not comply but the situation with ANPR makes it much harder for them, penalties can be quite hard too. It is not possible to obtain insurance here for foreign vehicles and same goes for Pregled ( MOT ) unless for purposes of importation. I hope this helps in some way although it is probably not what you wanted to hear !

Beemamike

Free Member
Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Thanks only need 3 weeks as I'm riding my motorbike into Turkey its a pain trying to park the trailer and van
I know the eu rules re time in Europe
Thank you for the advice and help
Michael

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
Hi again Mike, no problems then. There are quite a few so called " secure " storage yards for HGV and trailers on the main road to Turkish border but I cannot recommend any of them. I can recommend a British owned place in Boyanovo, not far from the Kapitan Andreevo crossing into Turkey, owner called Guy is a motorhome owner himself, great place and very secure. Gemmagos Leisure Camping is the name and you can check him out on Park4Night for reviews etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back