storage box

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bandit, Dec 6, 2011.

1. bandit

bandit Funster

Evening all,nice and wet here in morecambe,Im looking for a back storage box to fit on my cycle rack on back of motorhome.I was offered one but he backed out due to is wife nagging him,so back to square one.Does any of you fellow motor homers out there know where i can get one,either second hand or i will buy new.I want one for carrying my Honda genny and ancilary equipment in.Look forward to listening to your wise wisdom.AllTheBest,THE BANDIT
    :Smile:

2. aba

aba

personally i would think that any of the roof boxes would do if you can find one the right dimensions.
    other than that a call to peter at Johns Cross they will carry a stock of rear boxes.
    maybe some of the other dealers may have one off a second hand motorhome.

3. bandit

bandit Funster

thanks Andy

Evenin Andy,Im goin to try riversway at Preston,they are part off the Marquis group.Much appreciated for your thread.THE BANDIT:thumb:

4. golly

golly Funster

I got a Fiamma Ultra box off Ebay, took a while to find one at a decent price, got mine for £50 had to make some new fixings but does the job. Take note of the sizes, the bigest one is quite wide.
    Tried to add photo

John[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

6. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Just down the coast

I have a large Fiamma Ultrabox for sale c/w fittings and keys offers around £70
    Will

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

You say your going to use your backbox to keep your generator and things in.
    Having seen how easy it is to open a plastic Fiama backbox I am in the process of having one made from checkerplate aluminium. The backboxes are just at the right height to be easily broken into and all the scroats know that we keep the genny in there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

9. golly

golly Funster

yes the security issue is a problem, I think all the Fiamma back boxes use the same key :Eeek:. I only keep chairs etc in ours, if it wasn't in the box, it would be under the van while on site.

10. bandit

bandit Funster

thanks Neil,Ive looked at that website very interesting,i am going to ring them tomorow,and see how much it will cost to get one fabricated.All the best.THE BANDIT. AKA PHIL:BigGrin:

11. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

check what weight the bike rack can carry then deduct the weight of the box this will then give you how much load you can carry in the box, mine was 60 kg and box weighed about 18kg ,but because it sticks out from the back of the van and the weight increases because of the cantilever action you have to be sure you have enough spare pay load on the back axle, (if you understand what i am saying:BigGrin:)

12. bandit

bandit Funster

mornin Bigfoot,have u still got that box 4 sale,i would like 2 buy it.can u give mre a bell on 07780595375,much appreciated.THE BANDIT:thumb:

13. gypsylady

gypsylady Read Only Funster

We have a truma grey box for sale. Fits on the cycle rack. Biggest we could find and loads of room for genie and equipment.

We are in the north east.... Durham

Pm me.

June

14. bandit

bandit Funster

Evenin all,thank you for all your imput,I have now bought a Ultra 500 off Bigfoot,collected it today from is home on the wirral.So it is fitted now,just need a couple of long U,bolts.I think this forum is very good for buying bits and peices and getting good info about motorhomes in general.Thanks again Bigfoot it was plesure meeting you and your family.All the best.THE BANDIT
    :BigGrin: