jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are thinking of perhaps getting a storage box of the type that fits onto a tow bar but having Googled I cannot come up with anything. Does anyone have any ideas for us?

Many thanks
Jenny

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Jenny
I dont know if there is one that fits directly on the tow bar, But I have always understood you mounted them on carrier ie cycle etc, or mount on to the rear of the MH, some cycle racks come with a platform so can carry a box. Pete:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
You could mount a storage box onto a platform type rack that fits to your towbar

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does anyone have any ideas for us?
Many thanks
Jenny

Yes KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Not that you are in any way stupid, you are after all a Funster.

Weight BAD.

Particularly way at the back where the weight lifts the front and deprives you of traction, if you have a FWD MH which most folk do.

Revise your priorities, think LIGHT.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We are thinking of perhaps getting a storage box of the type that fits onto a tow bar but having Googled I cannot come up with anything. Does anyone have any ideas for us?

Many thanks
Jenny

Hi, Jenny, if you go on ebay , click on commercial vehicle parts & accessories, I have seen some advertised, the company will make them to your size out of aluminium chequerplate. Look very nice. You may have to have a bracket made up to mount it on a towbar though. As previously mentioned, be carefull not to put too much weight on the back of your m/h. Hope this helps, Cheers, Dave:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i would have a word with sundowner .nigel is probably the biggest seller of aluminium boxes in the country. i have seen loads of his. finest quality ,finish spot on. cheers alan.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
i would have a word with sundowner .nigel is probably the biggest seller of aluminium boxes in the country. i have seen loads of his. finest quality ,finish spot on. cheers alan.

Would totally agree with this - we have 4 boxes made by the sundowners and despite all this rain , wind and driving about they are as dry as a bone inside and the quality compared with similar cheaper products proves the little extra money spent is more than worth while

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back