Aug 15, 2011
Fairburn North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi
Just wondering if any of you funsters with experience of spanish travel can give me some advice on where to have a stop over about half way between Santander - Albufeira as this is my first time in Spain and Portugal and also do i need to purchase a toll card for Portugal as well

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi
Try Caceres Camping nice little site with individual shower and toilet on each pitch :Smile:

Deleted User
As your boat docks around midday I would advise aiming for Salamanca for your first stop, there are two sites close to the autoroute. Camping Olimpia is near to exit 225 of the A62 and Ruta de Plata is nearer to Salamanca but is a little run down.

It is possible to drive to Albufeira from Salamanca in a day, it depends on what your intentions are and the weather. If you like walking or birding then Camping Monfrague just south of Plasencia is worth a few days, Caceres is a good night halt (the town is also worth a visit).

Don't know when you are travelling but please be aware that sites in Spain can be manic and expensive over Semana Santa(Easter Week) which will start on the Friday before G.F. until Easter Mon.

If tou are planning to enter Portugal via the A49 from Seville the toll system is very simple and it works. Pull into the well marked lay bye just over the bridge and stop at one of the automatic toll stations, this records your registration number, put credit card in machine and in seconds you will receive a print out and your card back. Your details are now on the system and each time you pass under one of the automatic gantries the toll will be registered and at the end of the month your card will be debited. Unfortunately this arrangement only lasts for 1 month, I have not yet found a simple way of paying after this period. According to the printed information leaflet it should be possible to pay retrospectively at a Post Office, I tried and failed, others have been succesful so seems a bit chaotic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back