Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Hi All
I looking for a stopover in Plymouth for a couple of days before I catch the ferry to Spain.I can only find riverway campsite is there anything else in the area.

I am travelling from Santander to the algarve.Do you have any info of descents aires on the way.I have looked at one near Palencia,has anybody used it.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Palencia Aire..You will NOT like it,you cannot touch the units either side of you,water and dump on way into site,if you have a growler,walk back to the road you entered on,turn right,walk along 2 mins and over a river bridge,as soon as you are over the bridge,cross the road and walk down some steps onto a pathway with the river on your left.
We always stop there,enroute uk/porty/uk..... as awefull as it is,we should be given a medal for putting up with it
Tea Bag (Irate Portugal)
PS The post above........Some people.....LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Son lives in Plymouth And We always stay at Riverside. If u r there 2 days then bus into town a short walk away. Sainsbury's walking distance . Friendly staff

Reactions: f6c

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Riverside is about the only choice (site wise) as the 2 CC and / or CCC sites are too remote for access to Ferry`s, We used it when grandson was in Uni;. From Memory, (Failing Rapidly!!:cry:) there are a couple of "laybys" on the (old) 38, where road works have left them fairly well back from the traffic?, as I remember from taking Lorries down to the naval base. (we where not allowed to sleep overnight in the dockyard). One is OFF the a338 just past the Smithaleigh Caravan park?.

pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back