stop overs between Bilboa and Valencia (1 Viewer)

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
I am sure some one will be able to help us. We arrive in Bilboa on 7th Jan, and are travelling down to Bonterra Park. We will only drive about 150 miles per day and are due to arrive on the 10th. We notice the route seems to go via Calahorra, Zaragoza Teruel. We need some stop overs enroute.
I don't think there are many campsite, we will stick to main roads including tolls, but obviously will not stay overnight on these. We used carparks on small hotels, with owners permission before, but would be nice to have a few ideas etc. - wait to hear.
Pete/ Glynis

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
MARLOFA (Zaragossa north)
On the N232 10km before you get to Zaragossa is a truckstop. There are signs for motohomes and some dedicated bays are marked.
It's a free stop BUT noisy with all the trucks and sometimes you get small vans parking in the bays but they usually move on.
Last time we were there we found electric points at the back and plugged in !!

CARINENA (Zaragossa south)
Half hour 30km south on the A23. Follow signs into town and onto the old main road.
There is a petrol station on one corner and a truck park / resturant on the other.
We have always stayed there free, no one came and asked for anything. Usually caravans and campers park around the back.
Never been inside as yet.

TERUEL
Here there is a Dinosaur museum, Dinopolis. Very well signposted.
It has a huge car park, so ample free parking and quiet at night. Supermarket and petrol station by entrance.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We stayed at: Ciudad de Zaragoza - Zaragoza. It costs €21 without hookup. It's good as a stopover but expensive. Benicassim is 3 hours drive from here.

Some stay at the petrol station immediately after Sobradiel on the the E804. There is a restaurant and toilets.

If I remember correctly there are two toll roads. First one leaving Bilboa and another longer one €24 approx.

Say hello to Perri and Tony at Bonterra Park

Have a good trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
We stayed at: Ciudad de Zaragoza - Zaragoza. It costs €21 without hookup. It's good as a stopover but expensive. Benicassim is 3 hours drive from here.

Some stay at the petrol station immediately after Sobradiel on the the E804. There is a restaurant and toilets.

If I remember correctly there are two toll roads. First one leaving Bilboa and another longer one €24 approx.

Say hello to Perri and Tony at Bonterra Park

Have a good trip.

I have stayed at the Sobradiel services overnight now 4 times a year for over 10 years without a problem. Park in the coach bay within sight of the 24 hour fuel kiosk and you should be fine.

Mike

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I am sure some one will be able to help us. We arrive in Bilboa on 7th Jan, and are travelling down to Bonterra Park. We will only drive about 150 miles per day and are due to arrive on the 10th. We notice the route seems to go via Calahorra, Zaragoza Teruel. We need some stop overs enroute.
I don't think there are many campsite, we will stick to main roads including tolls, but obviously will not stay overnight on these. We used carparks on small hotels, with owners permission before, but would be nice to have a few ideas etc. - wait to hear.
Pete/ Glynis
Hi we have done that route in reverse a few times, going down the motorway from Bilboa Junctionn11 Haro , good stop over camp then down to Bonterra in one go from there or Junction 9 Navarrete bit further first day but less on the second also a good stop over, both site have bars and food
We are in Bonterra 2 April on the C&CC Rally . Pete :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have stayed at the Sobradiel services overnight now 4 times a year for over 10 years without a problem. Park in the coach bay within sight of the 24 hour fuel kiosk and you should be fine.

Mike

We stopped at Sobradiel Service Station on our way down to Benidorm. No problems at all. Do as Mike suggests and park in the coach bays.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back