Stop over on the way to London (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm heading to London next weekend and plan on leaving Dumfries Thirsday around 5pm this way I should miss most of the rush hour traffic. I am hoping to get within 2 hours of London on Thursday and will complete my journey Friday hopefully arriving at Abbeywood by Midday.

I normally go down the M6 then M40 as find this the quietest way, although as I'm in no hurry I'm open to suggestions as I don't mind going across country and down the A1/M1 and I think it's the M11 will check. Or I could just head down the M6/M1.

So if anyone knows somewhere nice to stop like a pub or some where quiet out of the way, or even a CL.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We stopped off at Glebe Leisure caravan park and fishing lake at Fringford near Bicester on our way back north last year. It sounds like one of those 'frightfull' commercial sites with rows of statics, but it's not a bit like that. It's not too far from the M 40, we will use it again on our journeys to and from the Tunnel.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you take the M6/M1 route there's a great Britstop (427/16) about 5 minutes or so from M6 J3.

It's a great pub, great food and beer. The landlord and landlady are motorhomers and are really welcoming.

That will put you about 2 and a half hours from Abbey Wood depending on traffic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you take the M6/M1 route there's a great Britstop (427/16) about 5 minutes or so from M6 J3.

It's a great pub, great food and beer. The landlord and landlady are motorhomers and are really welcoming.

That will put you about 2 and a half hours from Abbey Wood depending on traffic.
Thanks for the reply it would have been ideal had I been a member of Britstops.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the reply it would have been ideal had I been a member of Britstops.
We have rocked up at pubs and stayed even though we weren't members seemed ok!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back