Stop over near Reading any suggestions please. (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2012
South East Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We are heading towards Bristol at the weekend. As we are going after work we are looking for somewhere to stop on the way around Reading. A campsite or a pub stopover would be good. Does anyone know of anywhere please.
thanks.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I have no idea if it would be possible but it might be worth giving the Fox and Hounds at Theale a ring to see if they would let you stay one night in their car park.
Haven't been there for a while but had a good food reputation and very easy to get to from the M4 and just as easy to get back on the M4.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Feb 5, 2012
South East Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We took up your suggestion @cornish boy and tried the fox and hounds. Excellent food and a very friendly reception from Jane. The location is beautiful, we had a walk round the frozen lake on Saturday morning before heading onwards. It is so convenient for the M 4 I'm sure we will use it again. Dog friendly too. Jane has 3 dogs.
Anyone thinking of going I assure you you'll be made very welcome.

OP
OP
P
Feb 5, 2012
South East Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We took up your suggestion @cornish boy and tried the fox and hounds. Excellent food and a very friendly reception from Jane. The location is beautiful, we had a walk round the frozen lake on Saturday morning before heading onwards. It is so convenient for the M 4 I'm sure we will use it again. Dog friendly too. Jane has 3 dogs.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

Glad it worked out for you, I wasn't sure but thought they would make you welcome.
Location wise it is perfect for jumping off from and back onto the M4.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back