Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Can anyone suggest a site or stop over for one night close to the Eurotunnel at Folkestone?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Hi,

We always stay at the Black Horse farm CC site near Folkestone. A typical CC site with a seperate area for tunnel/ferry crossing arrivals and departures. About 15mins from Eurotunnel.
I don't know any wild sites in Folkestone but feel sure that someone will be along shortly.
Sandy

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jack, the last time we went over,( 8th Jan and there was 5 vans in there then) ::bigsmile: we parked in the Park and Ride at New Dover Road Canterbury, and we were well impressed, they have proper bays for motorhomes, and a waste dump and tap, and you can also not only park for the night, but get the bus into town for £2.50. on the Other side when coming back you can park at The City Of Europe, just follow the camping car signs. Bob.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jack

We use the Maidstone Services on the M20, J8 about 40min from the tunnel , costs £6.

Facilities:

General: Cash Machine, BT Openzone, Showers
Food/Drink: Costa Coffee, RestBite, Wimpy
Shopping: WH Smith
Fuel: Esso
Motel: Premier Inn

Jim

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
I heard that the new serices on the motorway can now take stopovers. its the one before you get to the treminal i believe but have never used it can anyone else confirm.

We normally use marine parade in dover. Only 10 mins to eurotunnel and cheap. There are bays for MHs and its quiet. You can walk to some shops nearby.

Thanks fort the info on Park and ride - worth remembering

Phill

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
There's a service area signposted at (I think) junction 11. When we were there at Christmas - only the fuel station was open but the building contains a coffee shop, burger bar and a few shops.

Also, as you come off the MWay and turn towards the services, there's a truck park down to the right with toilets and showers which were very clean. We stopped there overnight as did another MH and a tugger. We had no hassle from the truckers :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back