Stoner 6th quickest after 3 day test (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Think it was only available with a 'Video pass' I'd have watched some if it had been on BT. Always amazes me BBC or someone don't pick these things up cheap when no one else is showing them :(

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah I watched it on motogp.com
He did look good but in an interview he made it very clear he has no intention of returning.
Vinales is the one to watch this year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Vinales is very quick, It must be nice to able to retire at the age of 23 !!!!

Should be a good year fingers crossed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Can't write Rossi off yet hes still brilliant but he's starting to look very tired.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can't write Rossi off yet hes still brilliant but he's starting to look very tired.

Hardly write him off, old age and experience etc etc but Vinales and Marquez are the future. Vinales especially, just on the bike and fastest. The real deal.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Marquez head to head with Vinales could be interesting how will Vinales react to Marquez if he starts his usual tactics. He got the better of Rossi beat him at his own game will Vinales lose the plot as well.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Marquez head to head with Vinales could be interesting how will Vinales react to Marquez if he starts his usual tactics. He got the better of Rossi beat him at his own game will Vinales lose the plot as well.

I don't know but I can't wait to find out. Two young Spaniards against an old Italian and a young Spaniard, I think it will get very exciting.

Good to see Pedrosa has still got it in him.

Last test, just one second covers the top 15.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I think it could be good for Rossi this year. If the new bike is fast enough, with a young whipper-snapper to push him, and help find the best from the bike, Rossi has the experience and skill to win when he can and finish high when he can't. Vinales could be forgiven for falling off a few times and making the odd Rookie mistake. Of course Honda, Suzuki and Ducati might have something to say about that ;)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Rossi's a clever old bugger he knows race pace is more important than one fast lap and that's what he works on. Apparently he's not been fully fit and feeling unwell all through the test hence him looking so tired.
Vinales already has a year under his belt so shouldn't really be making too many mistakes.
No ones mentioned Cal, after the second half of last season there's gonna be a lot of pressure on him to perform well.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dorna and Ducati should break the bank to pay whatever it takes to get Stoner back into MotoGP as a competitor. Imagine what it would do for the ratings! Considering how little saddle time Stoner gets in a year, it just goes to show what an incredible natural talent he has.

Sadly, it won't happen ... :(

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Bloody good rider & Racer but.......
549391_3152057722330_1558882038_n.jpeg

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I know I'm going slightly off piste, but I was gutted to read that Guy Martin had signed up with Honda for this years TT races.
I was really hoping he wouldn't race anymore,,, got a horrible feeling he'll draw his last on that crazy circuit. (n)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Have to say I was surprised but like a lot of us he's got bikes and racing in his blood and once hooked you can't give it up.
At 63 I still get the same rush as I did at 13 when I started and still ride every week several times whatever the weather.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
That was really a myth created by the press. He never moaned, he just said how it was. Rossi was God and that was that.

He retired coz of of all the bitching between riders and the shit from the press.

The sport which needed him, forced him out, :(
Come on he'd go out & win by a mile & then complain that the bike was far from perfect, which really is helpful for getting the best from your team "not" :ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Brilliant rider but he did whinge all the time which didn't endear him to the fans.
In the interview the other day when he said there was no chance of returning he said a few days is all I can stand.
Just his personality unfortunately but hey ho we're all different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back