Stolen (1 Viewer)

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hope it's OK to post on behalf of someone else from another forum

This guy hasn't had his van for long and just before his first trip out it has been stolen

Please be on the lookout for a Fiat 1992 Compass Drifter 304 Reg J627 DJD

Thanks

Karen

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Wow a dealer/stealer having it.................!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Karen and Steve, so sorry to hear that.... it must make them sick to their stomachs.

Trouble is that if it is ever found they will never feel the same about it again... it is almost like being violated when you are broken into or the object of nasty people. In some ways, therefore, it may be better if they don't find it as long as their insurance plays fair ... as if it is found there is the possibility of damage so they would lose their no claim bonus any way.

Please keep us informed of how this goes. It could happen to any one of us on here. Joy

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
What a bummer. Hope they get it back.
Have added a steering wheel lock to my shopping list. It has an alarm but might as well add more.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I speak from experience !! They use a bolt cutter to snip through the steering wheel and then simply slide the steering wheel lock off the wheel via the gap !!! When my car was recovered it was minus the wheels also !! The car was never the same again !!:Doh:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Saw somewhere, where a joker welded a hasp on to the swivel mech. of his Captains seat. Whenever he left his unit he turned the drivers seat back to front and padlocked it. The explanation was, the thief can overcome the Alarm, Immobiliser, steering lock, but there is noway he can drive standing up!:thumb:

OP
OP
nokaii

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
More info on this-

I believe it was stolen from Broxbourne which is directly north of London just outside the M25

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I speak from experience !! They use a bolt cutter to snip through the steering wheel and then simply slide the steering wheel lock off the wheel via the gap !!! When my car was recovered it was minus the wheels also !! The car was never the same again !!:Doh:

Agree never wan't anything thieved back.

Just ain't fair.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back