LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
They're not! 99p for the unit and £36 P&P scam through and through.

The last time I askd, Thatcham, the largest security test centre in Europe, are fully aware of them but have no concerns about them whatsoever

Eddie

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
missing motorhome

Has it left the country ?ferry ? just a thought,loads of vehicles leaving the UK for Romania and Bulgaria by their nationals (thousands)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Has it left the country ?ferry ? just a thought,loads of vehicles leaving the UK for Romania and Bulgaria by their nationals (thousands)

Almost certainly left the country and almost certainly in Czechland, Poland, Estonia, Ukraine or the ones you mentioned. All thieves wherever you go :cry::Angry::RollEyes:

One of the reasons I am getting a RHD even 'tho 90% of it's time will be in Europe.

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
Here or there ?

No,no,no Losos, I didn't mean it like that,as i live in Bulgaria,i know there's alot of traders to-ing and frowing from here to there,and as i have drove over here 3 times so far (1800 miles a trip,one way) i see and meet many from these countries who have purchased in the UK and RIGHT-HAND DRIVE taking ANY type of vehicle back,some towing others with 5 at a time,just saying it could have gone over the channel or it could well be,being stripped for parts etc,sometimes insurance companies or agents sell ' damaged repairables or theft recovered vehicles ' it could be this sort of scam or pinched to repair another ???Sorry it doesn't help retrieving the stolen vehicle,just hope it was insured,and the insurance pays out THE FULL VALUE.

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
was at dover docks 8 o'clock sat night getting a very nice wpc to check the ferry minifests but with no luck..still doing it for me with every concivable combination of the number plate that we can come up with but with no lck..was my first thought when i found out it had foriegn plates put on it

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Surely that would be too obvious to go from Dover immediately.Don't the ferry companies liaise with each other around the ports. They must do for terrorists I would have thought.

tonybrightspark

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
was at dover docks 8 o'clock sat night getting a very nice wpc to check the ferry minifests but with no luck..still doing it for me with every concivable combination of the number plate that we can come up with but with no lck..was my first thought when i found out it had foriegn plates put on it

Good effort mate:thumb::thumb: pretty proactive - I hope you get it back OK

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
The thieves probably had plates made up for it before they even stole the van and the plates would be of the same make and model as yours so that it would pass a basic Pcheck and i should imagine it was booked on a ferry the night it was stolen.These vans are usually stolen to order,these scum probably had your van marked for pinching weeks before.hope you don't ha ve any bother with your insurance,and don't let this put you off travelling.All the best for the future:thumb:

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
Surely that would be too obvious to go from Dover immediately.Don't the ferry companies liaise with each other around the ports. They must do for terrorists I would have thought.

tonybrightspark
caught on cctv in the garage putting 20 quid(cash)of deisel in so just enough to get to dover
liase ? the police are even different force in the docks they didnt want to step on kent police's toes at first ..took a bit of pursuading but got a nice wpc to check the ferry manifests

Last edited:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I'm pretty certain that ALL vehicles leaving the UK for any Irish or continental destination are photographed using number plate recognition cameras. These photos are checked by computer against all UK stolen vehicles, vehicles of police interest, from UK and abroad, and known false plates.

There will be a central record of the numbers of all vehicles leaving the UK. If you could get a better pic of the false plate, you may be able to find out if it has left the country. Go and talk to a policeman, and ask if you can speak to a member of your force area stolen vehicle squad.

I know that a lot of members here aren't very pro police, but most will go out of their way to help if asked nicely:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back